Water heater systems

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're going to be building out on an acreage and I was wondering what people were using for water heaters? On demand or the or the good ol water tank?
From what I heard the well water isn't good on the on demand systems?

thanks in advance

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're going to be building out on an acreage and I was wondering what people were using for water heaters? On demand or the or the good ol water tank?
From what I heard the well water isn't good on the on demand systems?

thanks in advance

With bville well water nothing is going to work good. Even he town water will eat up a tanked heater in <5 yrs get s good softener and run the on demand I would suggest my boss has on demand in drayton area and loves it always have endless hot water

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run softener before it goes through the on demand system. Should prolong the life of your heat exchangers and such.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the on demand and I' m running off of a cistern. Love the on demand. One thing I would suggest is to get a circulating pump installed. I had problems with my heat exchanger freezing off and bursting, did it twice before I put the recirc pump on.Plus with the recirc pump on, the water will heat up faster since it's circulating at the set temperature. Since installing the recirc pump, no issues and no running out of hot water :) :beer:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well some brands have a built in resirc line and uses alot less gas, but on demand is no good if you need volume, I use other tanks for that reason only.......

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put an on demand heater into my house when I built in 2009/2010. Love it, even use it to run my in-floor heat system. If the water quality is poor like others said make sure you get a good softener / water treatment system in place before it hits the heater.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys! Seems like everyone is pretty happy with the on demand systems

Top Bottom