Watch your fuel purchases at the Shell

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nahif a guy could design a machine that took contaminated dirt in one end and spit out clean fill out the other, it would be a license to print money.

There are about 20 of them in this province. Morgan has one, Nelson has thermal units, Tervita has some, and a few other companies around. More in development as well. Problem is AB has too much land, the landfills make cheap enough that its more economical to dispose of rather than treat. PM me if you need more info.

Hijack over.

hopper146

Reaction score
I talked with a fellow who was checking the pumps one day,(okay...so it was about 15 years ago...lol) And he said at that time, that he was the only guy in Alberta doing the testing. And that obviously that meant the pumps didn't get checked very often. I askedhim the same question about why my jerry can sometimes took 30l tofill. All he said was "I'd buy my fuel elsewhere"
Or your jerry cans have expanded. Pumps should have a decal on them from Measurement Canada. They are supposed to be inspected and tested on a regular basis. If you have a complaint, here is where you go: File a Complaint - Measurement Canada

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are about 20 of them in this province. Morgan has one, Nelson has thermal units, Tervita has some, and a few other companies around. More in development as well. Problem is AB has too much land, the landfills make cheap enough that its more economical to dispose of rather than treat. PM me if you need more info.

Hijack over.
yeah, probably why i've never seen one up here. they have a huge mountain of contaminated dirt just east of peace at the st. isidore landfill. and I mean a mountain of it....the piles are huge. I think they haul it into there from all over western Canada.

Top Bottom