Warranty - Read the fine Print

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just was told yesterday that Polaris has a mileage limit of 5000 miles, no matter how many years warranty you purchased.

Also heard Arctic Cat has a warranty catch, once your warranty claims, total the original purchase price of the sled your warranty is expired.

Has anyone else heard anything about these disclaimers?

wildman

Reaction score
Polaris is the same. Found that out a few years ago with my 08. once warrenty claims reach value of the sled, warrenty is done.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of the mileage one for polaris. With cat it was unlimited mileage for the one I had (5 yrs). Sounds like the 4 year warranty is a complete waste if you ride 2500 miles a year.

Cat_Girl

Reaction score
Website
www.ralphsmotorsports.com
Arctic Cat does have a clause that if the cost of repair exceeds the value of the sled, the warranty claim will be denied.
I work in a dealership, and have never seen a warranty claim denied with Arctic Cat's warranty because the value of the sled was less than the cost of the claim.
Arctic Cat has one of the best warranties in the industry. Hands down. No mileage restrictions, no service schedule etc etc etc

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is the same. Found that out a few years ago with my 08. once warrenty claims reach value of the sled, warrenty is done.

Not true my 09 Dragon went over 13 grand in warranty repairs and never denied paid 11,500 for it.Warranty is only as good as your dealer.

wildman

Reaction score
Not true my 09 Dragon went over 13 grand in warranty repairs and never denied paid 11,500 for it.Warranty is only as good as your dealer.

Maybe it has something to do with the extended warranty. All the problems i had happened in the third year.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with the extended warranty. All the problems i had happened in the third year.

I had the 2yr standard warranty also had them put new pistons in 2wks before the warranty expired.I pulled the Y pipe and one piston had mild scoring on it.
I think it has a lot to do with the Dealer and there relationship with Polaris.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes as good as your dealer. If they get caught it's a big deal but if your warranty is up they can put it in on someone else's warranty. Depends on how good a customer you are.

Top Bottom