WARNING on Fort McMurray Trails

Dare

Reaction score
Website
www.sno-drifters.org
Good day Snowmobilers, I have no official word from the Stoney Mountain trail boss, but have heard the conditions are not that good. The trails are seeing an unbelievable amount of use, and the under layer is still very wet. This weeks cold weather should change that, but until we hear otherwise, and get a crew up to do the opening check and tree removal, the trail is still considered USER BEWARE. I will update as soon as possible. Cheers, Dare

Last edited:

Dare

Reaction score
Website
www.sno-drifters.org
Re: Fort McMurray Trail (Stoney Mountain)

Just spoke with the Stoney Mountain Trail boss, he was out riding on Friday and the conditions are as follows: Trail is very rough, due to the high amount of useage. The creeks are still flowing strong, so lake crossing is not recommended, though Maqua lake has tracks on it. No other water showing up in the muskegs so looks like things are finally stiffening up. Some trees down to be cleared and plans are in progress to have that work done next weekend. With any luck I will be posting open status in the next couple of weeks, with grooming possible after the Christmas break. For now, trail still considered use at your own risk.

Top Bottom