War is Hell

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to find a diplomatic solution. I came to this house in 06, never had a bird feeder. Enjoyed to summers of peace. Then they started getting in the bird feeder. I watched, saw they were jumping off the old washing machine on the patio, so I moved it over a couple feet. Then they were jumping off the hedges that haven’t been cut since I moved in. I rotated the feeder. I have always had live and let live attitude with the feeder, after all I was the one who put it out there. I even enjoy watching them.

To show you I am a reasonable man. Shortly after I moved in started seeing sign of intruders in the barn. I kept my cool, when I took my sled out to ride December of 06, and someone built a nest behind the air box. Cleaned it out, and went on my way peacefully. Then this winter they get more aggressive, and crossing into my borders. 1st one of them I would catch a glimpse at in the barn. I asked them to leave. Then I cursed obscenities at them. Then there were two in the barn. Getting bolder.

Been rapping on the kitchen window all morning, warning them, they just keep coming back. So I decided it was time to use force. From the family room window I spotted him, about 25’ up in a tree. One shot, one kill, he fell to the ground.

Then I took the war to them. From the patio, I spotted another running tree to tree. Waited for him to come out. We engaged in a fierce firefight, tree to tree. My Grandfather trusty 16 shot .22 Marlin barking out its orders. But he got away.

War is hell, I may take out the12 gauge Mosberg with the synthetic stock.

Being the humanitarian I am, I did slit its throat with my trust buck knife. I honestly would not want any animal to suffer. Plus I didn’t want to get rabies when cutting its tail
off.

hi lil red 458

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no offense but try starting with a little yard work

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yard work done now!
With the rains, the creek has flooded over. If I can push them south, I can take them at the creek. Gonna get worse before it get better. Guirella fighting.

I am nervous, my lawn tractor, 4 wheeler, and sled, are unprotected in the barn. Bikes are in the safe zone, in the attached garage.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to find a diplomatic solution. I came to this house in 06, never had a bird feeder. Enjoyed to summers of peace. Then they started getting in the bird feeder. I watched, saw they were jumping off the old washing machine on the patio, so I moved it over a couple feet. Then they were jumping off the hedges that haven’t been cut since I moved in. I rotated the feeder. I have always had live and let live attitude with the feeder, after all I was the one who put it out there. I even enjoy watching them.

To show you I am a reasonable man. Shortly after I moved in started seeing sign of intruders in the barn. I kept my cool, when I took my sled out to ride December of 06, and someone built a nest behind the air box. Cleaned it out, and went on my way peacefully. Then this winter they get more aggressive, and crossing into my borders. 1st one of them I would catch a glimpse at in the barn. I asked them to leave. Then I cursed obscenities at them. Then there were two in the barn. Getting bolder.

Been rapping on the kitchen window all morning, warning them, they just keep coming back. So I decided it was time to use force. From the family room window I spotted him, about 25’ up in a tree. One shot, one kill, he fell to the ground.

Then I took the war to them. From the patio, I spotted another running tree to tree. Waited for him to come out. We engaged in a fierce firefight, tree to tree. My Grandfather trusty 16 shot .22 Marlin barking out its orders. But he got away.

War is hell, I may take out the12 gauge Mosberg with the synthetic stock.

Being the humanitarian I am, I did slit its throat with my trust buck knife. I honestly would not want any animal to suffer. Plus I didn’t want to get rabies when cutting its tail off.
Frickin in-laws!!! That's what you get for marrying into a big family......

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some funny video!!

I use a system called "2 large dogs will eat you". Squirrels will sit and chirp at them, all day long if they could, but none are coming into the yard. We have quite a few birds nesting in our yard right now and the dogs could care less about them. Birds could care less about the dogs so it works out great. No nest raiders.

Actually the birds love using all the hair the dogs are shedding right now for a warm cozy nest. Fun to watch.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out on a 5 acre patrol. Came across one, he was heading for the barn, never got a clean shot. The buggers know the barn is a no fire zone.

After my patrol, went in the barn, there he was, not even hiding, getting bolder spitting my face practically. I am gonna get the GF bb gun, put some safety glasses and engage him in urban warfare

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out with my trusty Russian 1954 surplus rifle. Its been proven in shed to shed warfare, close quarters battle with a possum in 02. 2002 was a bloody year. Maybe you’ll understand me now, when I get a little liquored up and crazy. If you have never seen this kind of fighting, and I had to explain it to you, you just wouldn’t understand

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got another, it was quite the gun battle. Had hm treed, but it was windy, Then I wounded him and he yelped. I had to make sure I killed him then. Finally fell. Was still twitching, so I got close and blew his brains all over my nice Ivy league suit.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way too funny.:rolling:Caddy shack all over again.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Missed another. There getting smarter, only sticking there heads up. I might need to get a scope. The arms race has begun

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
army%20squirrel.JPG

These guys arn't fri(ken around.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
squirrel_sniper.jpg

looks like i may be in for quite a battle today!

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is, i may be creaming the elite of squirrel society that has kept the squirrel riff-raff out all this time.
You can kill a thousand of them, but with every one you kill, a scruffier looking one will take its place.
Soon, you'll have homeless street squirrels pushing shopping carts around your back yard, shooting up under the feeders, turning tricks in your barn...

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I dont even have words for this... I watched the new Rambo movie last night and I feel it has no comparison to KGR's back yard... good luck with blood bath I would offer my help but the last time I had gut shot up onto my suit I lost my lunch...Good luck

Top Bottom