Wapiti River Grande Prairie

buddyconway

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to access the trails that run along the North side of the Wapiti River from Pipestone down to the area across from Obrien Park?

buddyconway

Reaction score
I do not think the area at the bottom of the hill near the river is private. We have seem lots of quads on the trails while kayaking down the river from pipestone but can not find the entrance to the trails. Ride the dunes at least once a week, had a few trips to big mountain last year, but can never find the longer trails in there.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
there is some awsome riding @ Big Mnt creek,,,,, I have been back towards the Wapiti/Smokey Y and got into the Snowmobile Cabin from back there,,,,,,, is tough when not dry with some of the swamps back there.
If you go to the county office I am sure someone would help you figure out a way into those trails if you asked real nice.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know someone who lives down in that area and he says there are too many steep creeks to try to get past. So unless its access along the river,.. the trail might be a hidden one some wheres.

You could try heading down range road 80 south to TWP 702 at that west turn the property on the south/east side of the road belongs to Pipestone gravel supplies. All property along the river heading east is county land up to range road 73.

buddyconway

Reaction score
I know someone who lives down in that area and he says there are too many steep creeks to try to get past. So unless its access along the river,.. the trail might be a hidden one some wheres.

You could try heading down range road 80 south to TWP 702 at that west turn the property on the south/east side of the road belongs to Pipestone gravel supplies. All property along the river heading east is county land up to range road 73.

Thanks. I am going to try that this evening.

Top Bottom