Want to keep snow off your sled? Check this out.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone say "lightest sled weight in snow"? Someone email this to BRP! Lol.

Daniel

Reaction score
Where can you buy that I'd like to get some for my workboots/gloves. I would give it a try.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks interesting. I wonder what the cost is and how often you need to reapply it.

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled from the web site Ever Dry | UltraTech International Inc.

"Coating anything you do not want ice to form on or be easily removed from"

I've got some QA/QC people at work, I will run this past the mechanical guy and get his thoughts as well as the couple of mechanical engineers.

I wonder how slippery this will make things.

knocksum

Reaction score
A real game changer if you could ride all day and no build up of snow. The worst is the next day trying to tap off all the froze ice.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled from the web site Ever Dry | UltraTech International Inc.

"Coating anything you do not want ice to form on or be easily removed from"

I've got some QA/QC people at work, I will run this past the mechanical guy and get his thoughts as well as the couple of mechanical engineers.

I wonder how slippery this will make things.

Engineer come back with, watch out for discoloring of parts, might be as simple as just doing the under side of the tunnel. He did voice a concern with cooling and lack of snow "sticking" to the cooling fins. Give it a try and if it don't work the sled over heats how does it come off??? Very good point in my mind, must do some more research.

Aside from all that he was very interested in the cost savings in the industrial construction sector, like someone mentioned concrete chutes, etc and was going to spend some time tonight on the web site. I will post more if anything sled related comes to the table.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engineer come back with, watch out for discoloring of parts, might be as simple as just doing the under side of the tunnel. He did voice a concern with cooling and lack of snow "sticking" to the cooling fins. Give it a try and if it don't work the sled over heats how does it come off??? Very good point in my mind, must do some more research.

Aside from all that he was very interested in the cost savings in the industrial construction sector, like someone mentioned concrete chutes, etc and was going to spend some time tonight on the web site. I will post more if anything sled related comes to the table.

The discoloring wouldn't surprise me. Did you see his treated boot when he jumped in the mud puddle. Looks pretty white to me. Also the bolts they were dipping appeared to have quite a coating i think.

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mask off the coolers and spray the inside of the tunnel. Snow doesn't stick to them anyway. Be interesting to see how long it would last. Imagine coating fasteners with that in a marine application. No rust, ever.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just thinking of the retail opportunities. If a person is good at marketing, do a few trade shows a year and watch the money poor in as you have fun!

Top Bottom