Want a used rzr do I go for a 800 or a 570

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll I've searched the net and this subject has been beaten to death but I want opinions from people I know and from places I ride.

I don't want to mod anything motor wise....if anything I want a little bigger tires (28") a 2" lift for a bit more clearance(will play with clutching of coarse) and the rest of the things I want will be cosmetic. I ride trails and wouldn't mind getting In some mud.

im 200lbs and the girlfriend is 140 tops if that makes a difference.

Just want honest opinions/comparisons to be honest I'm kind of leaning towards the 570 but I'm from the school of thought that there is no replacement for displacement so I'm torn on this.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 570 from what I hear is a over achiever, the 800 is a under achiever....

That's where the 570 is as good or better than the 800, but weighs less ect, also 800 had lots of trans issues, dusting issues ect

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early 570's had issues with the engine intake pipe not sealing by the left rear tire and causing premature engine failures, I assume that issue has been fixed on the newer machines. The 570 was actually my first choice until the AC trailcat 700 came into the picture. But for next year it's a tossup,.. might even get another quad,.. but still considering the 570 as its a very capable machine.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early 570's had issues with the engine intake pipe not sealing by the left rear tire and causing premature engine failures, I assume that issue has been fixed on the newer machines. The 570 was actually my first choice until the AC trailcat 700 came into the picture. But for next year it's a tossup,.. might even get another quad,.. but still considering the 570 as its a very capable machine.

i would love a wildcat trail but I'm on a strict budget of 10g TOPS

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend has the 570 with aggressive tires he is over 200 lbs all he did was a clutch on it I was surprised with him and me and it rips pretty good

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the 570 is supposed to be this awsomely sweet machine and I am sure it it is. But I don't get were every one is getting that it will keep up with the 800. One of the quys i quad with just bought a 570 sportsman and my 800 rzr will walk all over it in speed and power. Shut my dad's 550 will eat it in a race. It seems to be a good machine but I think it would be a little low on the torque side of things in the rzr cause the 800 is just enough power most days. Just my opinion though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the 570 is supposed to be this awsomely sweet machine and I am sure it it is. But I don't get were every one is getting that it will keep up with the 800. One of the quys i quad with just bought a 570 sportsman and my 800 rzr will walk all over it in speed and power. Shut my dad's 550 will eat it in a race. It seems to be a good machine but I think it would be a little low on the torque side of things in the rzr cause the 800 is just enough power most days. Just my opinion though.
Even the dirt trax guys confirmed this

It's clutched different for utv I'd say

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would have to be. My dad is looking at a mid size ranger and was going to wait till next year but seeing that all you can get for a motor for 15 is the 570 he's gonna go get a 800 now before the 14's are all gone just cause of how poorly that quad did on our last trip.

fulleyes

Reaction score
In a flat straight line the 570 will run close to the 800. But what you guys are forgetting is torque and the 800 has more. When climbing a hill or powering through mud the 800 excels. The 570 is a very nice machine though ( newer technology) and easier to do oil changes ect. The 800 you can get long travel ( S ) which is a far better ride. 900 is a different animal though and the 1000 is even better in power and suspension ( IMO the best suspension in the business )

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
570 is the way to go.

it is pretty much superior in every way then the old 800.

there is a reason they dont make the 800 rzr anymore, its simply out dated. good motor, but out dated.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 570, my deciding factors were:

1) Price. I bought a 2012 with 50hrs and 150km on it for the same price as 2008 800's with 1500km+ were going for.
2) Ease of maintenance, I have never worked on an 800, but I have a few buddies that have had them and when they see my 570 they say "That is how it should have been"
3) Better / stronger transmission than the 800.

The downsides are:
1) There is still a bit of a lack of aftermarket support vs the 800, but now that the 800 is gone, I expect that to change.
2) Power. It gets you around fine, and when riding with other 800's you don't notice the difference, but coming from a dirt bike or a quad it just feels slow on open trails. In the tight stuff I have never felt lacking for power.
3) Suspension. It has too soft of springs from the factory and drags on everything. With a 2" lift and 28's it will be fine.

FWIW I am about 205lbs and my wife is about 180lbs, and we can still get to the speed limiter fairly easily at 58mph out on forestry roads. However with me and my father (260lbs) and a full cooler in the back, it struggles and needs a pretty long stretch of flat straight road to get there.

Last edited:

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 570, my deciding factors were:

1) Price. I bought a 2012 with 50hrs and 150km on it for the same price as 2008 800's with 1500km+ were going for.
2) Ease of maintenance, I have never worked on an 800, but I have a few buddies that have had them and when they see my 570 they say "That is how it should have been"
3) Better / stronger transmission than the 800.

The downsides are:
1) There is still a bit of a lack of aftermarket support vs the 800, but now that the 800 is gone, I expect that to change.
2) Power. It gets you around fine, and when riding with other 800's you don't notice the difference, but coming from a dirt bike or a quad it just feels slow on open trails. In the tight stuff I have never felt lacking for power.
3) Suspension. It has too soft of springs from the factory and drags on everything. With a 2" lift and 28's it will be fine.

FWIW I am about 205lbs and my wife is about 180lbs, and we can still get to the speed limiter fairly easily at 58mph out on forestry roads. However with me and my father (260lbs) and a full cooler in the back, it struggles and needs a pretty long stretch of flat straight road to get there.

Yes coming from a dirt bike pretty much all RZRs (and sxs for that matter) feel gutless.

That's why I had to turbo mine :)

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dvatr8 summed it up. I was in the same boat and was gonna go with a 570.... but I found a wildcat trail 700 and bought that instead. Better than the rzr in pretty much every category plus I can keep up or beat the big SxS. Let's just say that commander 1000 was pretty mad this weekend haha

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dvatr8 summed it up. I was in the same boat and was gonna go with a 570.... but I found a wildcat trail 700 and bought that instead. Better than the rzr in pretty much every category plus I can keep up or beat the big SxS. Let's just say that commander 1000 was pretty mad this weekend haha

I thought I was going to go with a wildcat trail too, until I sat in it. Imho anyone over 6' tall will not be comfortable.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes coming from a dirt bike pretty much all RZRs (and sxs for that matter) feel gutless.

That's why I had to turbo mine :)

The Z1 swap is calling my name, but it is more than I can justify spending on something I only ride a few times a year.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I was going to go with a wildcat trail too, until I sat in it. Imho anyone over 6' tall will not be comfortable.

Ya I thought the same as well when I sat in it., but drive it around and it feels more comfortable. I'm 6'1" and have no problems with room.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am considering the trail but i only wanted to spend 10g what did you get your trail for (out the door price)? iI you dont mind me asking, feel free to PM me if you dont want to post up numbers or dealers im just curious ive called a few places. Lowest quote i recieved for the regular trail is $12,615.00 OTD im hoping maybe i can pick up one fall/winter if anyone has any left and will blow them out for cheaper yet.

But im starting to think if im willing to spend 10g on a used machine whats another 2600 for new????....I donno decisions decisions

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a sportsman 800 and have driven Dvst8r's 570 rzr a bit. I found the 570 to have better low end torque (gearing maybe) for tight trails but lacking in power in open areas and climbing hills. The 800 seems to come alive more in the mid range rpm. 570 also suffers from low ground clearance as a base 800 would too.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the 800 S for about 2 months, can't say enough good things about it, debated getting the 570, but it sure is nice having the power to pull out others that are not so lucky to make it through the entire journey... I guess it depends what you will be using it for too.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the old 800. My 09 is still rolling along, not without a but load of maintenance mind you. The only way you can make it sound any better than a sewing machine is dual exhaust.

Top Bottom