want a new gun but don't know what!!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have said out to 300 yards your not going to improve very much over a 7mm.

As far as brands go check out gunwerks (if you are rich and wanna shoot at $hit you can't even see lol0. I can tell you Sako and Weatherby are very accurate solid rifles.

BTW stainless steel looks cool but trying carrying it for 10 clicks then tell me how you like it. Just sayin.

i have a field and stream i believe it was that tested new rifles 2 yrs back at 300 yrds the best rifle was a marlin with a 3 shot .75" group. the sako was barely under 2" was suprised by that but all rifles where off the shelf with factory loads to keep the playing field level. i thiought for the extra money you spend on a tika or sako etc they would have been much better out of i think it was 20 rifles they were both in the bottom five. just sayin.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry i thought you could go bigger with the 7mm. not a loader just a shooter. wow that sounds bad.:eek: i didn't realize the 300 was that much faster either.

So you shoot the 300 with a muzzle brake,,gets the moose on the run

Then you get him on the move:d:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as sadistic as it sounds its kinda cool to see them tumble when they fall running.

Top Bottom