Havin a little fun at the range

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well sledding is real sucky this year and i have been off for this week so i figured i'ed spend a little time at the range.
With backcountry trekking coming up it might just be an early hiking/photography season coming up. Or even multiday UTV excursion's.
Eitherway i took a little time and joy to love my M590A1.
For those not familiar with the M590A1, it is a military issue field combat shotgun, specifically for close encounters.
Manufactured by Mossberg for the military to military spec.
I usually take it when the wife and i venture up into the alpine for a few day's strictly as a defender.
This picture shows 2 shots hitting the paper for visual effect only with the 12guage loaded with slugs and 2 shots takin with my 45/70, upper right.
The 45/70 is a big game rifle, known as an elephant gun or bison hunting. But at 50yrds and less i prefer my M590A1 with slugs hahaha. You don't want to be at the receiving end with a hole like that, it wont be pretty.
IMG_0206.jpg

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Well sledding is real sucky this year and i have been off for this week so i figured i'ed spend a little time at the range.
With backcountry trekking coming up it might just be an early hiking/photography season coming up. Or even multiday UTV excursion's.
Eitherway i took a little time and joy to love my M590A1.
For those not familiar with the M590A1, it is a military issue field combat shotgun, specifically for close encounters.
Manufactured by Mossberg for the military to military spec.
I usually take it when the wife and i venture up into the alpine for a few day's strictly as a defender.
This picture shows 2 shots hitting the paper for visual effect only with the 12guage loaded with slugs and 2 shots takin with my 45/70, upper right.
The 45/70 is a big game rifle, known as an elephant gun or bison hunting. But at 50yrds and less i prefer my M590A1 with slugs hahaha. You don't want to be at the receiving end with a hole like that, it wont be pretty.http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/mikeslund/IMG_0206.jpg

Pics of said guns?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics of said guns?

What model 45-70?
I have the SBL Marlin

I will post a pic. of both the M590A1 and my 45/70
Yes my 45/70 is the same as your's pfi572. 45/70 government guide gun, 1895SBL model. I got it as a 50th birthday present.
I'm sure having problems with photobucket these day's, took me for ever to post that target picture...holy crap.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M590A1 the one that put big holes in the target, sorry for taking so long, one had to take a pic. then fight with photobucket.
IMG_0210.jpg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice guns but you missed.......lol. You need to aim small.......

Yes i did and purposely.......it was just for the picture of the hole size, so kept it on the white portion of the paper, didn't really matter where.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 45/70 never get's used, it has had less then 10 rounds go through it...ever. More of a talk and show rifle for me. It was nice just to get a couple of rounds out though.
As for the shotgun, its sighted for under 50yrds, again not something i shoot much. Once in a while i'll shoot off a few just to reacquaint my self with it. Its strictly for last resort protection. I usually mix the round's with slugs and double odd buck and would avoid killing a bear,if possible.

What i usually shoot at the range is my .22 Savage MarkII Win Mag. or my Glock 20.

Top Bottom