want a new gun but don't know what!!!

IWantATurbo

Reaction score
i used to go to snowest for all my advice but its dead now so i thought i would try here!!!

i want a gun but don't know what i want. hunting gun or assault rifle, or somthing else? don't want a hand gun!!

i pulled a bull elk tag this year, my hunting rifle i have now is a 7mm (im not selling it) i know the 7mm can do elk just fine but i want a longer range gun??

looks like a nice gun and scope, love the price!!
Remington 770 Bolt Action Rifle w/ Scope, .300 WIN Mag, 24" Barrel, 3 + 1 Rounds, Realtree All Purpose Camo Synthetic Stock, Stainless Steel Finish, 85658

don't know if i need this big???
Mossberg 27551 4X4 MB FL LBA 338 MT SYN - 27551

or use the 7mm and get somthing like this?
love the look and cheap!!!
AK 47 Rifle package for sale

cheapest ar i have found.
Olympic Arms AR15 Rifle For Sale

any help would be great!

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Rem 770 is a cheaper ( entry level ) version of a Rem 700. I would go Rem 700 SPS and start from there.

Cheers

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The AR and AK are considered evil up here in Canuckistan. AR is approved range only and the AK is prohibited unless you were lucky enough to have one before the ban. You guys to the south are pretty lucky in that regard, don't let Obsama take them away.
I'd get the AR and a rifle, everyone should have at least one AR.

7MM is a little light on the larger elk etc. I've always been a fan of the .300 Weatherby, it can be loaded to suite almost any situaton.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the sako A7. I got one in a 300 win mag and I love. Just another option for ya. I traded in my remington Model 700 and bought this

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look at a 300 browning with a muzzle brake

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the sako A7. I got one in a 300 win mag and I love. Just another option for ya. I traded in my remington Model 700 and bought this

Just got one of these and a tikka in the 270s! Great gun with one of the smoothest actions! The boyfriend has a 300winmag as well that I usually use but wont b anymore. Probably gunna sell it! Absolutely love the gun but just way too heavy to carry around deer hunting in the bush!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 22

IWantATurbo

Reaction score
wow thanks for all the great replys!!! im trying to keep it under $400 i know i can't do that if i go ar!!!

i don't know why but i like the ak's better than the ar's but want a 300 or 338 for the big game??? just don't know what i want!! keep the ideas comming!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i fyou are wanting to stay under 400 you dont have a large choice. the 7mm to the 300 isn't really that much difference is distancability is it? i would stay with your 7 mm and save your pennies to get one you really want. and besides that where did you get your bull tag for. will you even be able to see over the 300 yrd mark. i would be more than confident with my 7mm up to 350 with large grained bullet take it up to a 190 or 200 grainer and you would be fine imo. i used to use a buddies 300 win mag awesome gun but you never neededthe distance from it as you couldn't see that far away to shoot anyways.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the assault rifle. If you look up trajectory charts 7mm shoots pretty flat you aint gonna gain much except anouther hunting gun and a big bill.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Rem 770 is a cheaper ( entry level ) version of a Rem 700. I would go Rem 700 SPS and start from there.

Cheers

or Tikka T3 is good bang for the buck ( I know - bad choice of words )

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have said out to 300 yards your not going to improve very much over a 7mm.

As far as brands go check out gunwerks (if you are rich and wanna shoot at $hit you can't even see lol0. I can tell you Sako and Weatherby are very accurate solid rifles.

BTW stainless steel looks cool but trying carrying it for 10 clicks then tell me how you like it. Just sayin.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i fyou are wanting to stay under 400 you dont have a large choice. the 7mm to the 300 isn't really that much difference is distancability is it? i would stay with your 7 mm and save your pennies to get one you really want. and besides that where did you get your bull tag for. will you even be able to see over the 300 yrd mark. i would be more than confident with my 7mm up to 350 with large grained bullet take it up to a 190 or 200 grainer and you would be fine imo. i used to use a buddies 300 win mag awesome gun but you never neededthe distance from it as you couldn't see that far away to shoot anyways.

I don't see anything over 175 grain for a 7mag in any of my load tables. A 7mag will make around 2933 fps with a 160 grain bullet, a 300WM will make over 3400fps with a 165 grain, just to compare apples to apples with bullet weight.

I've never had to shoot at anything over a few hundred yards besides paper so the extra range doesn't mean anything to me, I'm a lousy shot.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought a browning x bolt its smooth and handles very nice cal 30-06

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything over 175 grain for a 7mag in any of my load tables. A 7mag will make around 2933 fps with a 160 grain bullet, a 300WM will make over 3400fps with a 165 grain, just to compare apples to apples with bullet weight.

I've never had to shoot at anything over a few hundred yards besides paper so the extra range doesn't mean anything to me, I'm a lousy shot.

sorry i thought you could go bigger with the 7mm. not a loader just a shooter. wow that sounds bad.:eek: i didn't realize the 300 was that much faster either.

Top Bottom