Walker Evans Settings for Removing Swaybar?

Dr Fantasmo

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has played with Oil Volume/Shock Valving in their Walker Evans in order to take the sway bar out of their Dragons?

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The setting is............. to replace them all together !

Dr Fantasmo

Reaction score
Next year they will be replaced, but this year just rebuilt...spent to much money on the truck this year to buy new shocks...

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next year they will be replaced, but this year just rebuilt...spent to much money on the truck this year to buy new shocks...

If you can find a Great deal on Fox Floats, there somewhat a better air shock. Tough to replace the more expensive gas/coil over type. But if it wasn't for the beat down, " groomed " trails, you wouldn't need much over the stock coil over ryde fx! :cool:

:cool::beer::beer::cool:

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I removed my sway bar made all the difference in the world.

I have an 09-D8 with a 163".... when you removed the swaybar did the stock walkers hold up? I mountain ride with minimal trail ride was looking for easier side hilling.... did it effect it much on trails??

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
basically all you can do if pump the walkers all the way up. which they usually are right from factory. i removed the sway bar on my 10 800 and put fox float 2's on. running 85 psi. front end sits real high and the sled rolls a little easier. A little tippy on the trails in the corners but its great having true ifs when you get into the bumps. sucks them up so much better.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had stock Walker Evans on my last sled, what a joke that shock was out the box.

If you run it without the sway bar you will need another 10-15psi in that shock, with the sway bar in the fronts should be at 210 at least, so that puts you at 220-225 with the sway out. The sway brings the front pressure down noticeably and you will notice a negative effect in handling if you don't bump them a bit.

Best thing to do to those shocks is to send them in to be revalved for your riding style and size, Fastraxx motorsports was AWESOME at setting mine up... they worked much better and you wouldn't have to worry about them fadding. Also make sure to get some covers for them, Polaris makes a decent plastic shield that mounts to the lower mount or use the skinz neoprene cover.

Top Bottom