Vw tourage tdi 2013

maxpower

Reaction score
I used to have a VW Golf TDI. I loved the car but anytime it needed anything it was killer. $20+ for an oil filter, $1800 for a clutch. It sucked the fuel savings right out of the car. I ended up with a civic which overall cost me the same. I'm curious why the Touareg and not a Diesel truck?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In laws have two TDI's. As Maxpower stated the cost to operate a VW outweighs the fuel savings you may get

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sso if a guy was planning to keep it for 6 years the extended earranty would b a good idea

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FUGGING JUNK MY WIFE HAS AN 2012 VW DIESEL BIGGEST PIECE OF ch!t I HAVE OWNED WAY TOO EXPENSIVE TO GET WORK DONE ON THEM :realmad:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks boost, my wife has an 08 jetta gas and its been an awesome car. If i could afford a tourage i would have one in a heart beat!! Our jetta had extened warranty to 160,000km and all we used it for was a jammed CD player that actually fixed itself but they had a new one there so they put it in anyway. The jetta is for sale cuz she wants an SUV.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sister gas a diesel 2010 and great unit but the cost for service is crazy.
She showed me service bill for the 60000 mark and with everything it was $2100
She didn't have most thinks done but still the bill for oil change, air filter, and such was +\- $1000.00
Had to sign waiver that she denied main service .
Warranty if any may become trouble.
Loves the unit but terrible cost to operate as far as getting it serviced.
If they offered a complete service plan for the term of owner ship up front and was reasonable maybe.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Service out weights fuel savings and expecially if u live 2 hrs away for service had a tdi jetta and all fuel savings went into the 3-500 service jobs and day off to take to dealer.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love when i bring my car in for an oil change cause i can't do it VOIDS warranty then i get the bill dam did i bring my kenworth in here i think i can change oil in the big truck cheaper and it hold just about 40 liter vw 5 liters haha

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah these European vehicles are brutal for service work. I've got an 08' Audi S6 with the V10, everything related to this car is killer $. But the driving experience is worth a lot too.

Top Bottom