Visco -Lok

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make the Visco-Lok engage faster? How much faster do the new ones engage?

I ride Polaris but would consider an Outlander if I could make it a true 4wd quicker. Sometimes there is no room for one wheel to spin.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Visco-loc is not adjustable beyond the design stages. It work very well most of the time and the times it does not work well is by design.

Visco-loc works well except when one front wheel looses all traction very quickly and the other is not turning very fast. In these cases the front wheel with traction does not engage until the front wheel speeds are relativly close; this prevents drive line damage to the stopped front wheel from sudden engagement. Polaris discovered this problem when they held the rights to the visco-loc system (google Polaris Magnum RMK) and thus decided to refine their hillard system and leave visco-loc to their competition.

IMO the visco-loc system is the best 4X4 system out there but comparing 4X4 to AWD is like comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited:

O2Bsane

Reaction score
there is other options the older traxter visco is faster then the 07 models. Mine is pretty much 1/8 of a turn and it is hooked no matter what kinda goop I am in.

O2Bsane

Reaction score
The visco-loc unit is sealed no way to put thinner oil in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waters

Reaction score
I've rode the 08 Outlander and it does hook up considerable quiker... I wish i could fix mine too, but you do get use to it and watch the front wheels turn before puching it (Renegade) or not ever completely letting off the throtle!

atvmodster

Reaction score
When you are ripping across swamps the visco loc works great because of the wheel speed. When doing slow speed technical 4 wheeling this is when i dont care for the visco at all. For example going across washouts and stuff like that when one front tire comes off the ground it takes to much wheel speed to get the other one to engage and when in tuff tippy sitsuations this sucks! It is how ever an reliable setup. But overall i prefer my locker then my old can-ams visco-loc.

Ryan800r

Reaction score
its garbage soon as i put my 30s on it went way down hill takes forever to engage if it ever does

sschevel

Reaction score
I hate to ask this but how do you identify the Visco-Lok system on a machine?

I have a broken CV joint on a 03 Magnum 330 4X4. While searching the web for a replacement, I see different ones listed based upon Visco-Lok or not.
Owning the Magnum for 3 days with no owners manual, I have no idea how to identify if the system is on my machine or not.

Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.

Guy

visco

Reaction score
I hate to ask this but how do you identify the Visco-Lok system on a machine?

I have a broken CV joint on a 03 Magnum 330 4X4. While searching the web for a replacement, I see different ones listed based upon Visco-Lok or not.
Owning the Magnum for 3 days with no owners manual, I have no idea how to identify if the system is on my machine or not.

Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.

Guy
whats a magnum ,is it a can am, all renegades and outlander ca ams have visco lok

visco

Reaction score
t.

Does anyone know how to make the Visco-Lok engage faster? How much faster do the new ones engage?

I ride Polaris but would consider an Outlander if I could make it a true 4wd quicker. Sometimes there is no room for one wheel to spin.
you could change the diff carrier with a 2010 visco qe for about 1000$

Top Bottom