Vipers under the knife

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Here are a few projects on the go. We have been burning through the Viper builds and even put a turbo on a stock chassis with a 136 track for some ditch bangin!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 823
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 820
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 825
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 827

08nytro

Reaction score
Looking good.. Can't wait to start mine!

Sent from my iPad using

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a feeling this ones going to be the fastest.........
juha7e5e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the dry weight of these vipers? Compared to a Pro or Nytro with a turbo?

Who cares...... They handle better or just as good as a 174 pro, in trees and climbing

Sent from my iPad using

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see someone's shop look like mine when I start tearing into stuff...every tool I own seems to end up on the floor for some reason...

NM...Now that you've taken a few apart...how are you finding build quality? Worked on one last week and found a few screws and bolts cross threaded and mashed and some wiring running in a few spots that looked like it could be a problem down the road...something I haven't seen on either past Yamaha's or Doo's

NM

Reaction score
Nice to see someone's shop look like mine when I start tearing into stuff...every tool I own seems to end up on the floor for some reason...

NM...Now that you've taken a few apart...how are you finding build quality? Worked on one last week and found a few screws and bolts cross threaded and mashed and some wiring running in a few spots that looked like it could be a problem down the road...something I haven't seen on either past Yamaha's or Doo's
we haven't seen any issues with build quality. Everything seems really good. If anything the build quality is as good as I have seen on any sled.
I know they run unreal. Just as a test we built one and never ran water through the intercooler and it didn't run anything like our sleds with the water cooled intercooler. Charge temps were 70 deg higher in a 5 second pull. Can't imagine what they would be like after 10-20 seconds. These sleds have no airflow so an air to air doesn't do much either. Can't wait to run ours against an MCX and an MPI .

noob

Reaction score
keep us posted Neil, would be cool to see. would the mpi give you much of a challenge?? Haven't seen a whole lot of mpi that run well.

NM

Reaction score
keep us posted Neil, would be cool to see. would the mpi give you much of a challenge?? Haven't seen a whole lot of mpi that run well.
I have a feeling that neither will compare at same boost. Our low boost kit at 8 lbs is still water to air intercooled and has extra injectors. It makes an MPI at 8 lbs look pretty slow.

NM

Reaction score
Neil could a guy put your water to air intercoolers with the other kits??
We have no plans to sell the intercooler by itself. Our kit is priced very good for what you get. We offer everything any one else offers plus water to air. If you want our intercooler, you will have to buy our kit.
We are in an age where we have all the free cooling we can get so why not use it. An air to air stuffed under the hood of a sled doesn't cut it. We used to tolerate it when we had no other choice.
We used to have our air to air intercoolers so hot you couldn't touch them. People who say that an good intercooler is not important doesn't really care about real performance and they are just settling because it's easier.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice stuff Neil ..my next build when yammi comes out with there new chassis will be boost it , racers, cr racing and mountain mod for sure....support the local fellas....

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Neil:
Would love to ride one of these vipers with your kit. Would that be possible to test ride one? I like the turbo pro, just thinking of building another turbo.

Thanks Jeremy
jeremy you can take mine for a rip if we are ever out riding at the same time.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
we haven't seen any issues with build quality. Everything seems really good. If anything the build quality is as good as I have seen on any sled.
I know they run unreal. Just as a test we built one and never ran water through the intercooler and it didn't run anything like our sleds with the water cooled intercooler. Charge temps were 70 deg higher in a 5 second pull. Can't imagine what they would be like after 10-20 seconds. These sleds have no airflow so an air to air doesn't do much either. Can't wait to run ours against an MCX and an MPI .

Ojs in Wainwright has a 174 mcx setup. Owen said he was heading out to revy last weekend not sure if the viper was getting thrown on the deck

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have no plans to sell the intercooler by itself. Our kit is priced very good for what you get. We offer everything any one else offers plus water to air. If you want our intercooler, you will have to buy our kit.
We are in an age where we have all the free cooling we can get so why not use it. An air to air stuffed under the hood of a sled doesn't cut it. We used to tolerate it when we had no other choice.
We used to have our air to air intercoolers so hot you couldn't touch them. People who say that an good intercooler is not important doesn't really care about real performance and they are just settling because it's easier.

Thanks Neil. Can't wait to see some of your kits on the snow!!

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeremy you can take mine for a rip if we are ever out riding at the same time.

Thanks Chris, Where you ride mostly? Out West (Revy, Golden) area's? I would like to make a few trips out there this year, other than that I ride the fernie area alot.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, Where you ride mostly? Out West (Revy, Golden) area's? I would like to make a few trips out there this year, other than that I ride the fernie area alot.

I mostly will be in Revy or Sicamous this winter but may do the odd trip to Golden or Fernie. Let's keep in touch.

Top Bottom