Video Editing

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone using out there for video editing besides Windows Movie Maker. Mine always freezes and I find it very frustrating. Any free ones out there that are decent?

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone using out there for video editing besides Windows Movie Maker. Mine always freezes and I find it very frustrating. Any free ones out there that are decent?
Sell what you have and get a Mac. Buy Final Cut Express and you`ll be happy. You may think I`m being an A-hole but you wouldn`t go back to a PC for videos once you`ve own a Mac.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pinnacle Studio 11. It works good once you get use to the program. Lots of options for final output. Sometimes I do wish I had bought a Mac!

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sell what you have and get a Mac. Buy Final Cut Express and you`ll be happy. You may think I`m being an A-hole but you wouldn`t go back to a PC for videos once you`ve own a Mac.

Exactly what he said!!!! Mac and final cut make it so a 2 year old could edit!!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

This statement is TRUE. Once you go Mac you aint going back. If you have to though try using Roxio with your PC. I find it a little clumsy to get used to but it does work very well. Good Luck Rucky :beer::)

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

movie maker came with service pack 2.....when some of the updates came after....there was conflict and movie maker started to do funny things....

I still use moviemaker and it works ok..... I have to check after every update....and possibly remove it if MM acts up....

your right its a pain....

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This statement is TRUE. Once you go Mac you aint going back. If you have to though try using Roxio with your PC. I find it a little clumsy to get used to but it does work very well. Good Luck Rucky :beer::)

Yup, Roxio is working OK for me. Like Sumx says....a little clumsy, but it does most things well once you get used to it.

Problem now is.....I don't have enough computer to handle the HD1080 video from my new helmet cam. I think it's time to go Mac! :)

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of guys I know use Adobe Premiere Elements. I have a lot of home video I have be meaning to move to DVD but have been procrastinating. Has a lot of the features of the full blown Premiere but a lot less money. See linky below:

create video, movie editing, movie software | Adobe Premiere Elements 8

Trying to torrent that as we speak. Not upgrading to a mac just to edit videos (I know it does "so" much more, save your preaching lol). And also not really looking to spend an arm and a leg on software as I'm just doing this for fun really. Thanks for the suggestions though!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Adobe Premier..... thanks to my video editing station at work.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL dont listen to the mac crowd they are just upset they spent 3x as much money on a machine that looks cool but has 3x less processing power and applications.

oh yah

pinacle studio 11

ill see if i can find my version

4G63PWR

Reaction score
I'm using Magix's Movie Edit Pro 15 plus. I didn't realize when I bought it that my computer just makes the minimum requirements for lower quality movies, and its a 2ghz dual core. Its an easy program to use though.

Click on "Sledding Dec. 27" on the left hand side:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if it wasn’t for my CAD software I would probably have a Mac. But since I don’t, I got Premier Element 8 for my PC and it works great.

Top Bottom