Video editing software

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got my Drift HD. Can someone recommend a decent video editing software. Nothing too fancy just want to be able to cut and splice videos together and maybe add some background music.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I experimented with all kinds of free ones and didn't have a great amount of luck, especially when trying to edit MP4's. If you don't need to edit MP4's, Windows Movie Maker will probably get you by just fine and it's pretty easy to use. I ended up buying WonderShare for $50 so I could edit MP4's and I'm pretty happy with it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Magix Video Edit Pro. Reasonably priced and it'll do way more things than I'll ever use. You think you only want to do simple stuff like cut and splice, but you'll be amazed how much fun you'll have when you figure out all the other things you can do.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyberlink Powerdirector has no problem with .mp4, .mov, .mp3, .anything
very easy to use, drag and drop video clips, images, and music to edit, tons of output choices

I use it with video and images from my Canon Eos Rebel T1S and from my Gopro

Last edited:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HD video is a hog for memory and processing.
I have a windows 64 bit laptop with 16gb of ram and video card with 2gb of ram at work for video editing and it still sputters every now and then. This is with 1080. 720 HD is easier to work with.
I have the full Adobe Suite with Premiere Pro and After Effects so I havent had to look for editing software.

Increase your ram to the most you can. It'll make life easier.
My coworker was able to use Windows movie maker last week to edit a video I didn't have time for.
She said it was jerky but ended up rendering out Ok.

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My PC has Windows Live Movie Maker so I gave it a try. Was able to get what I needed done first shot. Thanks for the info!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
My PC has Windows Live Movie Maker so I gave it a try. Was able to get what I needed done first shot. Thanks for the info!

Yeah I have Windows Movie Maker and have used it a couple of times. I actually found Adobe easier to use, but maybe because I have had it now for a long time I am used to it. lol

Top Bottom