Vibration Issue...06 RMK 900

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping my S&M friends can help me out here.

Just recently got a 06 RMK 900. Fresh top end ( have receipts) the shop it was at cleaned the clutches, adjusted this and that. The sled has SLP everything under the hood. Was told it has a clutch kit, not sure what that is. Took it out for the first time yesterday and WOW!! :eek: Amazing power/torque. Absolutely insane, best describes it. LOL. But.... there is a wicked vibration that is under my feet through the running boards. Kinda numbs the feet after a bit. Seems to get less at higher RPM's, but what is going on there? Kinda freaking me out a little. Is it the Crank?? Clutch?? I dont know, so Im hoping someone here can help me out. I know nothing about clutches, so if its a matter of adjusting it, I have no idea how.
Any help or input to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :d

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping my S&M friends can help me out here.

Just recently got a 06 RMK 900. Fresh top end ( have receipts) the shop it was at cleaned the clutches, adjusted this and that. The sled has SLP everything under the hood. Was told it has a clutch kit, not sure what that is. Took it out for the first time yesterday and WOW!! :eek: Amazing power/torque. Absolutely insane, best describes it. LOL. But.... there is a wicked vibration that is under my feet through the running boards. Kinda numbs the feet after a bit. Seems to get less at higher RPM's, but what is going on there? Kinda freaking me out a little. Is it the Crank?? Clutch?? I dont know, so Im hoping someone here can help me out. I know nothing about clutches, so if its a matter of adjusting it, I have no idea how.
Any help or input to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :d

check the bearings on the drive shaft. usually the one opposite the chain case goes dry then starts to pile up.

chrisdrover

Reaction score
have a 05 900 rmk and mine does the same thing... Let me know if you find anything, checked mine all out and seems to be ok..

rmk mod

Reaction score
My 900, as well as my buddy's 900 do the exact same thing, higher rpm and less vibration. We both can not find anything wrong with them. I have heard that is just a trate they have. RMK :beer:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I just need to have the trottle closer to the bar then, HE HE HE. :d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first thing I noticed about every Pol 900 (granted there were only two) I rode was the vibration. I think that's just how they were/are.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is the same just got used to it mind you had a 800 before and it had a bit as well ....never rode anything else tho so nothting to comapre to besides polaris

on our old 600 edge when the bearing went out the first thing we noticed was the speedo quit working no noises or vibrations

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Don't worry about it. My 05 wasn't to bad. But when i got the new piston put in that are the same as the 06. It was well more noticed then, But at the end of the day you feel great. Its like a built in messager. :d

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just worried about ALL the bad things Ive read about cranks.... well I wont have to worry about it for a few days now anyways. Busted a front shock today....PIZZ me off :rant:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a common complaint with the 05 and 06 900RMK's. You can add Compfusion motor mounts which supposedly gets rid of a lot of the vibration but they are a little pricey. For all the guys looking for info on the 900RMk's Snowest has a big post with tons of info on upgrades and problem solving. It's worthwhile reading if you really want to get the most out of theses sleds. Higgins.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 05 900 rmk and mine does the same thing... Let me know if you find anything, checked mine all out and seems to be ok..

Went to the dealer today and asked about the vibration issue with these big sleds. I was told all the 900's did it. The parts lady's husband has the exact same sled, and does the same. He even put the expensive motor mounts that have been recommended and nothing changed. She said they are a waste on money. Thats all I could find out for you. :d

whitecap

Reaction score
nothing to worry about....you'll get used to the vibration..just an inherit trait of the 900..

Luvinit

Reaction score
The vibration in the feet is a trait of the 900,s BUT double check the torque on the primary bolt ( 96 lbs ) it needs to be re-torqued 3 -4 times every time the clutch is off, extra vibes can come from there and clutch/crank can get damaged. And the Compfusion motor mounts aren,t a waste of money , they make a major improvement in
belt life and clutch performance.

94fordguy

Welcome to the 900s, They V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-B-B-B-B-R-R-A-T-T-T-T-E:eek::d
lol

They do smooth out a bit at higher RPMs, but the un-usually long stroke of this motor makes em shake no matter what... It's also the reason they have so much torque to em.:D:D:beer:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the 900s, They V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-B-B-B-B-R-R-A-T-T-T-T-E:eek::d
lol

They do smooth out a bit at higher RPMs, but the un-usually long stroke of this motor makes em shake no matter what... It's also the reason they have so much torque to em.:D:D:beer:

LOL, built in foot massage. :d

94fordguy

LOL, built in foot massage. :d

haha, no kidding.

Does your sled have the additional SLP torque stop and torque arm? That will make the vibration MUCH more noticeable. My buddy has those on his 06, when I got my 05 this summer, I refused to put those on for the shear reason they make the vibration that much worse. My sled as a result vibrates substantially less than his:eek::eek::eek: and no belt issues as of yet (almost 500 miles so far this season, belt looks great).

It's still a 900 shaker tho, no doubt about it.... amazing the added power the 866 makes over the old 800s tho... gotta love it.:d:d:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
That was one of the main complaints of the 900 polaris..... And part of the reason why they were discontinued. Couldn't get the vibration satisfactorily rectified......... Too bad, cuz they run good, when set-up properly....... Maybe bigfoot can add his 2 cents to this thread too??

Top Bottom