Vertical Edge vs Vertical Escape

Ash1855

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if you could help me. Wondering what the difference is between the Polaris Vertical Edge vs Vertical Escape if any? Thanks.

GRD

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if you could help me. Wondering what the difference is between the Polaris Vertical Edge vs Vertical Escape if any? Thanks.

The escape is a snow check model with a few extras... I don't know all the differences...

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Vertical Escape was a snow check with - better shocks...front and rear... different graphics and colors... upgraded track..... if I remember right... I had an 04 Vert Esc 800....159

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that the Vert Edge has anything special about it. I know the V. Escape has lightweight trailing arms and chaincase gears, lightweight seat, in addition to the stuff Scotford said. I read that the 03 V. Escape is 596# w gas ready to ride. I think the '04 gained a few #s. not sure why.

Attachments

• graphics4.jpg
    graphics4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 263
  • graphics3.jpg
    graphics3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 262

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Nice Pic there ....Found one of my old one...

Ya I forgot about those extras too...

Attachments

• 04 Vert Escape.jpg
    04 Vert Escape.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 426

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have since sreipped the graphics from my sled. I seem to have deleted the pics tho. I think it looks badder now though. Pics to come if anyones interested.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ruck, i dont think the perc would add that much wait, as it only uses a diff electrical system, and differnt clutch, i may be mistaking

All4Traction

Reaction score
Im not totally clear on the differences either, I have an 04 Escape, but it wasn't a sno-check cause I switched over to the ryde-fx shocks from some crappy ones, and I'm pretty sure that the sled came with the crappy shocks from the dealer?

BTW, PERC doesn't add any weight, its only a little module box and wires. Maybe add a few gram's, lol, even though it might reduce weight because of the notches out of the helix??

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 02 Vertical edge is a snow check with Ryde FX shocks all around.
Love the black with yellow and red accents. Silver is great too.

Attachments

• Terry's new 2002 RMK e.jpg
    Terry's new 2002 RMK e.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 167

throttle-up

Reaction score
Website
www.leekseeker.com
My 02 Vertical edge is a snow check with Ryde FX shocks all around.
Love the black with yellow and red accents. Silver is great too.

My neighbour has the exact same sled in the same colors. It is a GREAT sled. I had an 02 snowcheck in red. THE best sled that year, climbed like a freak'n billy goat! Good solid sleds!

TimG

Reaction score
In '03, the escape differed from the vert. edge with a lightweight steering post, chrome moly trailing arms, PERC, DET (Detonation Elimination Technology), lightweight seat, series IV 159" track, good shocks, and TEAM secondary. There was other stuff, but I forget some of it now.

sledhead16

Reaction score
my 03 159 vertical escape ways 490 w full fuel and only a couple of mods pro taper bars and boss-seat,can,pipe custom hood

Last edited:
Top Bottom