Vent kit for e-tech

want to ride

Reaction score
I have removed mine and drilled holes in it also. Not sure if made much difference. Still seems hot but haven't taken temps.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Gill vents crack easily if you like to ride hard and your sled spends some time taking itself for a cartwheel down the hill or bouncing off tree's. I did not install a vent kit on either of our 3 demo's last season and had no issues with heat on the clutch side, I blew my first belt @ 700 km on the 2011 though.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The techy guy at the sled show said, " the new clutch cover is designed to bring in outside air from the left footwell and swirl it around the clutches." The new design also does not allow that much engine compartment air to get into the clutches.

I asked the dude......"what happens when the foot well is plugged with snow and there is no air flow?".....his answer, "put in better or after market rails"......

I'm sceptical and have ordered a set of vents; top and bottom on both sides as well as a hood vent. The proof will be coming soon as it is snowing right now!

BTW, I'll leave the clutch cover on as it looks like a neat place for the spare belt....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The techy guy at the sled show said, " the new clutch cover is designed to bring in outside air from the left footwell and swirl it around the clutches." The new design also does not allow that much engine compartment air to get into the clutches.

I asked the dude......"what happens when the foot well is plugged with snow and there is no air flow?".....his answer, "put in better or after market rails"......

I'm sceptical and have ordered a set of vents; top and bottom on both sides as well as a hood vent. The proof will be coming soon as it is snowing right now!

BTW, I'll leave the clutch cover on as it looks like a neat place for the spare belt....

I must have talked to the same guy...I asked the same thing after speaking with you as I didn't realize prior to that how the system was supposed to pull in cool air...he became a little bitter.

He then said he laughs at all the guys who go out and by new sleds and start modding them before they ever ride them. I said why don't they invest some of the r&d time they have in the clutch cover into proper clutching...no answer...

He must enjoy the trails he rides on. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom