Vehicle broken into!

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great news. My work truck was broken into last night. Not too happy about this. My truck was parked all of 30ft from my bedroom window. Damn cowards stole my satillite radio, I cancelled it today. as well as some small tools. A dirty gym bag with stinky shoes and clothes, my back pack with my camera and leatherman.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live near the Dan Knott Junior High, in Millwoods, Edmonton. So if anyone else lives in the area keep your gear and vehicles locked up.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
lived in 'The Hood' for over a year, never had any issues with break ins, even had the quads & sleds there sitting out on the deck with no tampering/issues.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. The days of integrity and honour are long gone. I took the kids to West Ed on Saturday....came out to a totally fawked driver door on my truck from a hit and run. No note or anything. Parked at the far end of the hotel parking lot that night, and some douchebag hit the passenger side...no note on that one either. Like WTF? I think we need another 40 day rain to cleanse ourselves of the shady sh!t.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
That sucks. The days of integrity and honour are long gone. I took the kids to West Ed on Saturday....came out to a totally fawked driver door on my truck from a hit and run. No note or anything. Parked at the far end of the hotel parking lot that night, and some douchebag hit the passenger side...no note on that one either. Like WTF? I think we need another 40 day rain to cleanse ourselves of the shady sh!t.

Couple different ways a person can look at that......

#1) At least both sides match now
#2) Some fawkers are gonna die....

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi-jacking threads, much less worth of a jail term. I hope.

Buddy of mine had some kids break into his truck over the winter last year. Took all his spare change, left a snowboard, and ipod behind. Worst at theiving, best at not pissing my pal off too bad.

country_shorty88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that sucks! Small town living is great but I always fear going to the city. Just too many places for the bastages to hide.

Small towns are great but don't think your out of the woods just because you live in the country. My quads were stolen back in 2007 off the deck (taken off deck by the theives) right infront of my house....dad is a tracker they drove the quads to the reserve so that we would think that they were gone put them then on a trailer my dad then tracked the trailed back to a pond. 2 months later the pond that churns its self over produced the quads.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Small towns are great but don't think your out of the woods just because you live in the country. My quads were stolen back in 2007 off the deck (taken off deck by the theives) right infront of my house....dad is a tracker they drove the quads to the reserve so that we would think that they were gone put them then on a trailer my dad then tracked the trailed back to a pond. 2 months later the pond that churns its self over produced the quads.

I didn't say, "small towns don't have thieves" and that we are immune. We just don't seem to have the all day cruisin' going on that there tends to be in larger places. We should be just as diligent as it does happen in the small towns also.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Moyie....population about 60 or so most of the year.....a whole frickin' bunch for 2 months in the summer! Year after I moved here I had the 115 outboard stolen off my boat, in the lake, tied to my dock. Then 2 dirtbikes stolen from outside my sons bedroom window....then 1 quad stolen. RCMP don't give a crap here either. Small town, big town....it don't matter, they're everywhere! :realmad:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Lots of times, out of sight out of mind works wonders! I know it isn't fool proof......

I don't leave my stuff in view and when I doo (like a trip to Sicamous or wherever) then it is pretty much locked and alarmed.

I agree with the RCMP statement! Friggin' system has them buffaloed with cut backs, more crime to deal with and more serious crime to deal with. Just their court time with assaults, drugs, and the MVI's has to make one shake his head.

The "bait car" ideas seem to work but that was put forward by the insurance companies and I don't think there is enough insurance business with quads and sleds for the insurance companies to get too excited quite yet. Just saying......

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
Lots of times, out of sight out of mind works wonders! I know it isn't fool proof......

I don't leave my stuff in view and when I doo (like a trip to Sicamous or wherever) then it is pretty much locked and alarmed.

I agree with the RCMP statement! Friggin' system has them buffaloed with cut backs, more crime to deal with and more serious crime to deal with. Just their court time with assaults, drugs, and the MVI's has to make one shake his head.

The "bait car" ideas seem to work but that was put forward by the insurance companies and I don't think there is enough insurance business with quads and sleds for the insurance companies to get too excited quite yet. Just saying......

I think that the cops are lazy today. It seems to me that they are more interested in writing tickets than actual detective work. I believe that they go after the lowest hanging fruit because their conviction rate on real crime is so low and the jails are so full that they would rather focus on tax revenues to pay for their wages.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
came out to a totally fawked driver door on my truck from a hit and run.
me too, only they clipped my one week old freshly powdercoated custom built back bumper. was woundering when i was bolting it on how long the powdercoating was going to hold up longterm, turns out it was one week.

Top Bottom