gettin tired of the city life - another crook ruining my day

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my Hubby's trucks (SuperDuty) got broken into 2 weeks ago. It was sitting in the parking lot at the Ford dealer, waiting on a part for service. They popped the lock and got in - All they stole was a change tray out of the console with MAYBE 30 bucks in it. So now we have a fugged door, that you can't get into, and have to pay for the part and service to get repaired, just cuz some big DOUCHE needed some toonies and loonies more than us! Like fawk, seriously.

thats why i dont even lock my unit. obviously if they need to take it they need it more than i do. imo.lol at least then they dont bust the chit out of your unit for a measily few bucks or whatever..

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats why i dont even lock my unit. obviously if they need to take it they need it more than i do. imo.lol at least then they dont bust the chit out of your unit for a measily few bucks or whatever..

This is true! There was some valuable crap in there... nothing was gone through, they opened the console, stole the change and that was it!
I just don't get the thought process!! If your in there, why not steal the fuggin truck?! The keys were in the cupholder that is attached to the damn console!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is true! There was some valuable crap in there... nothing was gone through, they opened the console, stole the change and that was it!
I just don't get the thought process!! If your in there, why not steal the fuggin truck?! The keys were in the cupholder that is attached to the damn console!

probably saw the keys and got scared it was a bait truck. my ignition key rarely comes out of mine. if the rare occasion comes that i do lock lock it i use the key fobey thing and leave the key in the truck. haven't had any issues yet but only in the city maybe once a month where the vehicle is parked for any amount of time.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity magnet, if your truck was stolen with the doors locked and the key in the ignition would there be repercussions from the law or insurance?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity magnet, if your truck was stolen with the doors locked and the key in the ignition would there be repercussions from the law or insurance?

?????????????????? what key i have the key in my pocket. i don't know. i know if the unit was found it would be alot cheaper to repair than if the key was not in it. but may not be covered or may be tough not sure:confused:. just got tired of replacing chit like windows, door locks, ignitions, even more of a pissoff when they just fugg it up and don't get the vehicle, dashes etc when i lived in the city. started leaving truck unlocked and keys in it. theft stopped. i lived in the city for another year after that on 70 ave and calgary trail south. mine and my cousins truck got broken into 8 times in 2 yrs in total. pick a part was our best friend for side and vent windows for a while there.

Dynamic

Reaction score
Just bought a house but now I have to go to NAIT for a couple months coming up in September. First time I will be parking my car in the city for any length of time so I'm hoping for the best. I know my brother's truck has been broke into a couple times already so I'm not very optomistic.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a house but now I have to go to NAIT for a couple months coming up in September. First time I will be parking my car in the city for any length of time so I'm hoping for the best. I know my brother's truck has been broke into a couple times already so I'm not very optomistic.

Yes take every precaution you can. Take anything out of site. My car was broken into 3times while I was at NAIT. The first time they cleaned me right out, I had a final exam in a nite course and wasnt allowed electronics in so I left it all in my car and gone, ipod, dock, wrecked my deck trying to pull it out, money, cds everything. The next time they just pizzed me off cuz they damaged my door and stole 37cents outta my console! (I had taken everything in with me) And 3rd time didnt get squat.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The law deals with criminals like crap. If I ever catch someone stealing or whatever from me, I will be the law and will make sure they never do it again. Break into my vehicle or house, I won't call the cops I will deal with it they will be begging for cops. :d

Personally, I believe in 3 strikes. Even for minor stuff like theft. Get caught 3 times, that's it game over. If they haven't learned by then they never have and sitting in jail or on the streets is no good. And WTF is with the youth offenders? Do an adult crime do the adult time, release their name, no protection for that BS.

Jails SHOULD support themselves, not cost us taxpayers money. There is no reason they cannot do work, or if they don't want to, don't feed them or give them a bed. And have it in the chain gangs, someone runs away the people they are chained to serve their time. Won't loose anyone that way!

Probably won't be change though panzy a$$ liberals don't want to get tougher on criminals :rant:

That right there is the smartest thing I've ever seen you post.....Just sayin...

Jails should be run as a business..... your day is spent working.... 8am to 5pm at a minimum, if you want the "good food" you put in overtime to earn it, if you want to have TV access you earn it.....earn it...earn it.....earn it......

our society takes people who are too lazy to earn thier own chit and puts them into a situation where they are not required to earn chit.....

then when thier time is served they are expected to go back out into the real world and earn money for chit.....

the system is flawed.....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bogger for prime minister! then he can change this chit. he knows how it needs to be.:d

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my service truck broken into the other day in my back alley where I park, they got in through the back drivers door, as the rear door didn't lock due to the wires being broken, AGAIN! All they took was a battery charger for my four gas monitor. So all dodge owners be aware and check your rear doors when locking up for the night!!!

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've left the keys in my ignition for years in my half ton and have never had a problem.... The doors are locked but keys are in. I've been doing it for so long that if intake them out and I put my one set in the ignition, usually wind up locking the keys in it on myself

Top Bottom