gettin tired of the city life - another crook ruining my day

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I go down to my truck today and notice the key slot in the door handle looks odd, then when I get up to the door I notice the door is not closed tight....oh great I thought. I look into the drivers window and their is crap everywhere, right away I figure everything in the truck is gone, thankfully it wasn't. They made off with some cash, getting close to sled season so I start sticking $5 bills in the ash tray for trail passes and pretty much trashed the inside. They smashed the lid off the center console, that won`t be cheap to replace but hardly worth an insurance claim. They did leave some tools I keep in under the back seat for emergency stuff.

I try and call the CPS and am promptly put in a waiting cue for near 45 mins. Oh but they have a handy online submission for filing a report incase the theif never stole your computer. So its become so common for crimes in the city we have online reports now? :rant: Finally I am ticked off for waiting and waste more time filling this report out that really isn't going to solve anything, maybe get put into a database of some sorts. Glad my tax dollars are paying for this service. :rant:

I have had trucks stolen in the past, and vehicles broken into before as well. I have had quads and sleds stolen many years ago, heck, I woke up one morning to find they had taken the time to remove the motor from one of my old Tn'ts.

I work hard to play hard, I have an honest lifestyle, I try to be curtious to people and these JACK AAAAAA`s ruin it.

We can`t punish criminals for committing crimes anymore because society has become so misconstrued. We put down animals who attack people because it is an easy fix, it isn`t the animals fault, it reacts to its environment. Yet we have murderers and rapists walking the streets and we have to send them for counseling and rehabilitation.

I know my truck being broken into is far from someone murdering someone, but in my opinion the principals are the same.

What ever happened to an Eye for an Eye. You steal something and get caught, you lose a finger, you get caught again, you lose a hand. You might think twice about stealing something if you see a bunch of one handed people walking around

:rant:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you forgot to mention the poor criminals that do get caught and punished by being sent to a reman center with cable tv 3 sqaures and a bed. can you believe they have to share their small room with someone else and the food isn't really that good. and sometimes they even have to wait in a line up for free phone use. yes a line up what is this sick world coming to?

oh even worse if they end up in jail they have to supply their own tv and x box wtf shouldn't the taxpayers buy them one afterall they put the criminal there. its not like their welfare check is enough to cover all jail expenses.

i agree society has become way to leniant on the scum of our society. strong believer that punishment needs to fit the crime. dont give a sob story about how hard your life is buddy. lifes tough, it is for everybody. you did the crime now do the time.

i hear mexico and china have a good jail system. dont hear of anyone escaping from them. and someof the asian country punishments work well to i understand. just sayin.

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I watched some kids breaking into cards in my neighbourhood a few weeks ago. I called the cops and watched the whole thing play out, they sent 3 cars and a K9 unit... caught the kids, I got my stuff back and they all received some hefty charges. I've complained about crime and the CPS in the past, but for once I feel redeemed. They came back a week later and egged my house... aaarrrrgghh

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that we need to crack down harder on youth offenders. Sending them to jail will do nothing but teach them how to get better at crime, so lets put em to work. They can dig ditches, clean wastewater plants, clean garbage from the side of the highway. Chain gang style.

I don't believe in an eye for an eye, but if people knew that they would be chained to someone else on the side of a highway in an orange jumpsuit for 3 years, it might be more of a detterant than jail alone. And from what I gather, jail itself is no cake walk, even if they do get tv access.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that we need to crack down harder on youth offenders. Sending them to jail will do nothing but teach them how to get better at crime, so lets put em to work. They can dig ditches, clean wastewater plants, clean garbage from the side of the highway. Chain gang style.

I don't believe in an eye for an eye, but if people knew that they would be chained to someone else on the side of a highway in an orange jumpsuit for 3 years, it might be more of a detterant than jail alone. And from what I gather, jail itself is no cake walk, even if they do get tv access.

Jail probably isn't a cake walk, but it's obviously not harsh enough to curb the crimes. Like you say, if I was looking at breaking into a car or stealing something, and KNEW if i got caught, I would be put on a chain gang in an orange jumpsuit diggin ditches in the summer months and cleaning a waste management plant in the winter - you can bet your azz I would think again! If I knew I was likely to get a slap on the wrist, a couple fines and be sent on my way - I might be more likely to steal.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They could have chaingangs shoveling snow around communities for the whole winter, and picking up garbage and cleaning parks etc all summer. They'd never run out of things to do. I've never understood the whole idea of prisoners having all these "rights".:confused: You get those back after you serve your time; till then you'll do what you're damn well told.:rant:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Five minutes alone with the family that was victimized. That's all it would take to rehabilitate these fuggin thugs. If they knew that there was a sh!t-kicking in their future, maybe even castration, I'm sure they would go flip burgers instead of breaking into cars.

94fordguy

The criminal justice system for both our countries is a joke....

I would love to see prisoners contrubuting to society by cleaning and such rather than just sucking up more tax $$$:rolleyes::rant:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The law deals with criminals like crap. If I ever catch someone stealing or whatever from me, I will be the law and will make sure they never do it again. Break into my vehicle or house, I won't call the cops I will deal with it they will be begging for cops. :d

Personally, I believe in 3 strikes. Even for minor stuff like theft. Get caught 3 times, that's it game over. If they haven't learned by then they never have and sitting in jail or on the streets is no good. And WTF is with the youth offenders? Do an adult crime do the adult time, release their name, no protection for that BS.

Jails SHOULD support themselves, not cost us taxpayers money. There is no reason they cannot do work, or if they don't want to, don't feed them or give them a bed. And have it in the chain gangs, someone runs away the people they are chained to serve their time. Won't loose anyone that way!

Probably won't be change though panzy a$$ liberals don't want to get tougher on criminals :rant:

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever watch the movies or read the book called Papillion, now there's a jail system I could get behind.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Five minutes alone with the family that was victimized. That's all it would take to rehabilitate these fuggin thugs. If they knew that there was a sh!t-kicking in their future, maybe even castration, I'm sure they would go flip burgers instead of breaking into cars.

I asked for five minutes alone with the girl they arrested when our trailer, rhino, and sled were stolen. The cop just raised his eyebrows and asked if he was allowed to overlook the bat in my pants when he patted me down, chuckled, and walked away... :confused: Oh well! I tried...

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not just a City problem. I moved to Moyie in 2001 from Cranbrook. Winter population maybe 60 people. First thing that got stolen was a 115hp outboard....off my boat....in the lake tied up to my dock! I could follow the trail of broken plastic where they kept dropping it to get it to the highway. Called the RCMP and offered to drag it to town to save them a trip for finger printing. They said there was no point in doing any finger printing without any suspects. Two weeks later I had three names for them. They said they couldn't do anything because it was never finger printed! I damn near climbed thru the phone and choked him! Lost 2 dirtbikes and a quad since then. Got 1 dirtbike back the next morning. They thru it off behind the pub to steal something they wanted more from someone else. They came back and got it a few weeks later though!

Didn't replace the dirt bikes and quad....no insurance. The boat was insured, but I sold it after I replaced the motor cause I was too paranoid to put it in the water!

Gettin tired of the rural life! :(

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am a firm believer in "You reap what you sow". 5 mins they will remember (or not) for the rest of their life. ;)

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But all the statistics say that our crime rate has gone down 4-12% since 2008:party: what they forget to tell you is since 1972 is has increased 500%:confused_pr:

Attachments

• swln78l.jpg
    swln78l.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 254

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a firm believer in "You reap what you sow". 5 mins they will remember (or not) for the rest of their life. ;)

I'm with ya on that one. I wouldn't lose 1 minute of sleep knowing I was responsible for some thug theive having to wear a helmet while eating his sandwich through a straw.

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is this wold coming to? my dads truck was parked at a house in town, for the night and the next morning he went out and their were papers all over and the glove boxes and everything were open and just all over, we think it was just kids because any banking info would have been taken if it was a older person, and their was no money taken just a little packet knife.

but what is this wold coming to where kids are doing what they want where they want when they want and getting away with it???

Dadbro

Reaction score
Yes this is a sad world we live in when the criminal is treated with more respect than the victims. I feel the prision system should go back to a time when the inmates had to work there punishments off. Like the old Fort jail, they ran a full fledge farm where they grew there own food, raised cattle and pigs for meat and if you didnt work oh well you starved. I have been fortunate not to be robbed yet lived in this small town for 20 years now, well I have had a few things go missing like a jerry can, but no big stuff. I always tell myself that I would take the law in my own hands if I caught someone messing with my stuff. There so many places around here one could go missing..;)

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is so true, their is nothing tough about being in jail, you get a nice bed, a bath room, you get all your meals, in jail they eat better than we eat!!! why dont they just give them a nice hard cold floor and plain bread and water and thats IT!!

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my Hubby's trucks (SuperDuty) got broken into 2 weeks ago. It was sitting in the parking lot at the Ford dealer, waiting on a part for service. They popped the lock and got in - All they stole was a change tray out of the console with MAYBE 30 bucks in it. So now we have a fugged door, that you can't get into, and have to pay for the part and service to get repaired, just cuz some big DOUCHE needed some toonies and loonies more than us! Like fawk, seriously.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my Hubby's trucks (SuperDuty) got broken into 2 weeks ago. It was sitting in the parking lot at the Ford dealer, waiting on a part for service. They popped the lock and got in - All they stole was a change tray out of the console with MAYBE 30 bucks in it. So now we have a fugged door, that you can't get into, and have to pay for the part and service to get repaired, just cuz some big DOUCHE needed some toonies and loonies more than us! Like fawk, seriously.

I mean at least make it worth it for us to claim insurance!

Top Bottom