Vega Trail Cleanup

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Sunday November 16 a group from Outlaw ATV are going to venture to Vega to do some trail clearing. The trails have a large amount of downed trees fromthe wind storm 3 weeks ago.

Groups will be leaving Tim Horton's in Spruce Grove (Northside of highway) at 8:00AM and going to Vega via Barrhead.

Intersection of highway 43 and 33 about 8:30
Barrhead about 9:15
Vega Ferry about 9:45 - 10:00

any of the above times would be good to meet up with group to arrive there about the same time

Please feel free to join us to give us a hand to do some trail stewardship in an area used by many.

Chainsaw, strong back, and the will to maintain the OHV areas we have so they can see that we give back not abuse.

If you are planning to join us let us know via the thread so we know to keep an out for you along the way.

Help us show respect for the land so that others may follow.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Would love to go but son has soccer Sunday mornings.Now it is a day later, saturday and it turns out we are going there today, and yes we are bringing chainsaw, just waiting for a friend to get here.. Might not be anything for you guys to do on sunday, Will see how energetic hubby is, or he might just choose to leave it all for you guys and ride around. LOL

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talk to the farry guy tonight and he was saying that the farry could be closed. took him 5 10 mins to get in the right spot tonight. then a truck in front of me went on and moved it 3 feet down the bank.:beer:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We were there today and we had no problem with the ferry. He did ask us if we had 4x4 because the road back across the river is very slippery after you get off the ferry, We were on it going back at about 4:30-4:45 pm I think.Blue dodge diesel hauling 4 quads. Ferry guy never said anything to us about having docking problems.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we crosed at about 7pm sarurday and said, we might bee the last ones crossing for the year, we allmost did not make it lol the ferry kept sliding back off its landing ramps.. did not think it was all that bad satuday morning when we crossed we did hit the other side of the river pretty hard to though, almost took me off my feet. you guys make it across the ferry today???? I was goin to go but got called out for work ..

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
made the ferry today, both ways. Little rough in the morning but OK coming out about 4PM. Today was likely the last day for the ferry as they decided to start preparing to pull it out. Ferry operator thinks they are going to dry dock the ferry on wednesday of this week.

Had a great day photos attached

Attachments

• DSC01634 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC01634 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC01641 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC01641 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    108 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00057 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC00057 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00061 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC00061 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 36

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah that is true, lots of work to be done yet, but I think it is a good start. I am going to try to keep this area a pet project and see if we can maintain it to see the views and nature as I see it.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say good but about three trails that 4 of us got to are better. Likely a job for spring also now. If you are going up take a chainsaw

Top Bottom