Vega or Long Island ??

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello ! So I am planning a biking trip to either of these two places in the near future, and I wanted to do some consulting and find out what is more desirable for dirtbiking, and more worth while... your feedback is much appreciated :) Thanks!

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd go to vega, lots of good trails and nice hill climbin. Dont be scared to go find some of the really big hills out back in the bush close to the river.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definately vega for a dirtbike some good hills nothing real steep but still fun.
To get to vega you have to go north from barrhead on highway 769
go through neerlandia and through the village of vega then follow 661 to the ferry
Cross the ferry and your pretty much there

sliced

Reaction score
hi there iv been to vega last week .it is a good spot to spend a day .The ferry is kinda cool .a lot of small trail. hey tell me if you head there . i might go again

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vega's nice but if you want good sand head to Brule Lake just a few min. West of hinton. It's a bit longer drive but well worth it.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been to Brule we do a big trip out there for my bf's and his buddies bday's each summer. My bf has been to vega but he said he didn't like it much and figures I prob wont either, I think I am going to check out Long Island instead for now...I don't mind sand but I hear Long Island has a bit of everything. We will see! Thanks for the input though...I should check out both eventually

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been to Brule we do a big trip out there for my bf's and his buddies bday's each summer. My bf has been to vega but he said he didn't like it much and figures I prob wont either, I think I am going to check out Long Island instead for now...I don't mind sand but I hear Long Island has a bit of everything. We will see! Thanks for the input though...I should check out both eventually

yea i just went to long island...

we went to a camp site that was bike friendly, we were alowed to ride out and in. long island has everything!!! sand, jumps, mud, muskeg, slaed trails, moss, roots and a lake to cool of in!

mat

Reaction score
I love Long Island Lake, good riding for everybody, I spend a week there and had a blast

Attachments

• DSC_4231.jpg
    DSC_4231.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_4223.jpg
    DSC_4223.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_4282.jpg
    DSC_4282.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_4304.jpg
    DSC_4304.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 95

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics mat! I see you have a bit of a crew...where all do you ride in and around the city? Probably see you around sometime for sure as I go out riding all the time! Yep I saw a helmet cam video of Long Island and ever since I have been dyin to go! I will shout out when I plan on goin maybe some more bikers will be down! I wouldn't mind doin a 1 night camp over:beer::)

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious, can anyone give me some solid directions to the bike-friendly campground at Long Island? and some basic instructions of how to reach the trails from the campsite? I am itching to go now, wish I could go this weekend but GSP is fighting Sat night and I can't miss it!! Hmmm... is anyone planning a trip out anytime soon? I've got a few ppl who are game, it's just a matter of timing !? Maybe next weekend..:)

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there fireban there? can you get wood from the campground, etc? I think were gonna plan for next weekend, fri and/or sat night so all the info I can get would be much appreciated! thanks guys!

mat

Reaction score
I'm going back there the 16th to 19th of July. No fire ban just Advisory, yes they have fire wood. Easy way there is Yellowhead West to Hyw 44 North From the traffic light in Westlock 23 Km Turn Right at the Gas Station then right away on your left Secondary Highway 801 to 633A turn right than follow direction for "Long Island lake municipal campground" There is trails everywhere and it's easy to get disoriented. You can also ride the dirt road to get to the pit and more trails. I don't really like street riding so I found trails to get from the campground to the pit. Camel pack a MUST

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks mat, yes we are planning for July 17th/18th/19th weekend. Do you recommend booking sites in advance? There could be 4 of us couples, depending who comes or not. How many tents/vehicles are allowed per lot, do you know? Thanks for the directions and everything! Yes, I don't ride on long trips without a camel pack, I have a small one and my bf has a backpack sized one to bring beers in!! hehe :) Keep in touch, if we end up goin we will have to hook up!!:):beer:

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love Long Island Lake, good riding for everybody, I spend a week there and had a blast

you guys were at the same campsite as we were........ i ride the cr 125 with dice graphics i saw you guys when yz was stuck in the skeg.....

this campsite

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks mat, yes we are planning for July 17th/18th/19th weekend. Do you recommend booking sites in advance? There could be 4 of us couples, depending who comes or not. How many tents/vehicles are allowed per lot, do you know? Thanks for the directions and everything! Yes, I don't ride on long trips without a camel pack, I have a small one and my bf has a backpack sized one to bring beers in!! hehe :) Keep in touch, if we end up goin we will have to hook up!!:):beer:

we might go to....

also if you go out the campground trail for bikes and quads turn left and its you first left to the trail that takes you to the sand dunes.

Top Bottom