Vega? Open yet?

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone knows how the conditions are out there?
I was hoping to take my quad out next weekend?:beer:

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As of the 3rd wknd in april i heard there was still nearly a foot of snow mostly all over the trails and more in the trees.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam, I was hoping it would of all been melted by now.
Thanx for the reply.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still some snow in the trees but most of the trails are snow free, and the bog holes are fairly wet this year.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was thinking of heading out Sunday if anyone wants to join. So far its just me, my buddy should be coming, the more the merrier:beer:

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was thinking of heading out Sunday if anyone wants to join. So far its just me, my buddy should be coming, the more the merrier:beer:

sounds sick man, me my girl and a buddy are headed out friday morning for an over nighter up near sundre, if it isnt to far of a drive id say you should come out:d

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not to far but Sunday is the only day I can get away. If your still going to be there Sunday I'd be game.

Cameo

Reaction score
Please let us know how the conditions are. Where you go, and how to get there. Post pics too. I am hoping to go there May long, but as I have never been, not too sure

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Vega is very far from Calgary, its up br Barhead. But I would be willing to meet somewhere in between? The only place I've been in-between E and C is out-west campground by Rocky Mountain House, open to suggestions tho:beer:

RaineMaker

Reaction score
I can't make it this weekend but I noticed your from Beaumont Pm me on here I'm located in Beaumont to. 50th ave. I love working on my machine and doing the garage thing when I can't get out to ride.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As of may 14, this saturday. YES VEGA IS OPEN. Vega is very open. I found my way out there for the first time. The peat moss bog along the powerline was almost completly crossable on a 2wd sport quad.

With the high winds over the last 2weeks, most of the whoops are almost filled in with sand. Its beauty. The Klondike ferry isn't open till april 1st. so for now, till till then you have to come in from the fort assinibone (west) side.

Remember stay on the north side of Sec Hwy 661.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You said the ferry isnt open till April 1st? Did you mean June, or is it down till next year?

Top Bottom