Vari Flow

farmer4ever

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was considering putting a vari-flow on my RMK 800 and I was just curious how big of range they have. Do you ever have to jet again or are they more for fine tuning? Just looking for some pros and cons and I thought who better to ask then the crew on S&M! Thanks in advance.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would look into an AATAC unit (also made by Holtzman). The initial setup takes a little more time than a Variflow, but there is no touching it after. The variflow has a dial that you have to turn to control the fuel-air mixture. If you want more precision control (usually guys that mod heavily), use the variflow, but there is alot to say about "pull the cord and go" aatac. Just my 2cents.

farmer4ever

Reaction score
Thanks Sleeper, in my little bit of research I have just ran into a few guys who were not happy with their AATAC systems. They both said they found them rather inconsistant and unreliable. (these guys were not together either) They told me to go Variflow because atleast you turn the dial and know where its at, but I dunno. Thats why I am asking on here. I am definately a fan of pull the rope and go!!!

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have heard, most guys that have the AATAC set up properly have never had problems. DoubleK on this site has it on his old RMK, and it seems to work without issues. Anyone that has had more experience with either system want to shed more light on this for Brett?

Thanks

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the variflow work realy well for twin pipes, that what i have on my rmk and i love it, the throttel response is always there, and no bog at all (when i have it set right)

polarsledhead

Reaction score
hey kind of new to sledin and im getting my first mountain sled and it has variflow in it. so mey i ask what dus it do

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adjusts the fuel air mixture in your carbs so you don't run to lean.The AATAC system I had on my cat worked like a charm.Never gave me a minute of grief.But I may have got lucky and got a good one.:twocents:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i too vote for the variflow, you have control and once you know how it works its very simple. and usually installed right ( a bit rich) there is always that wonderful fudge factor... pros and cons its like a poor mans efi that you can control, i have one on a mod 800 cat and it works great. and it will work on any sled with a carb single , twin triple even a 4 cyl. so i say go with it. i too had some issue with the attack just bad luck i guess, its free for any one who wants it,, i think its about km 19 at renshaw due north id say 50 ft or so..lol

Terry

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gots myself one of them Veri-flows on my Viper and havent had an issue with it and the range you can go is really quite big, I think i had to move 2 notches from here to the mountains. Havent had an issue with it. Id choose Veri-flow man. It got me the bang for my buck and it is a whole lot better than messing with jets when you just wanna ride...

Cheers

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have vari flow on my 98 twin carb Cat and it works great ( no messing with jets - ever ). It is a bit of a learning curve to get the feel on when to click ( turn the knob ) but it you know your machine ( too crisp or too much bog ) then it is the way to go. I have had heard some good and bad on the trail about ATTAC. The correct installation is critical ( proper length of Vaccum lines and vent line routing of the lines and vaccum port selection etc.). If you have a vaccum line leak you could suffer a melt down ( blown piston or worse due too being lean) . On Vari flow I think it only works on the carb bowl vent lines and if you have a vent line leak you will run too rich ( i.e just bog and no melt down ) Holtzman are good with advice and help. Once that is mastered - it is pull the rope and go. Good luck.

:beer::beer:

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had an attacc kit on my dads 03 rmk 800. It had a few mods on it and the attac kit did not work at all.:(

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy who runs with the AATTAC system on his stock sleds and has been pull-n-go all the time with no changes needing to be made between here and the peaks. (ok, it's a polaris so almost to the peaks). But impressed with it so far. :twocents:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was considering putting a vari-flow on my RMK 800 and I was just curious how big of range they have. Do you ever have to jet again or are they more for fine tuning? Just looking for some pros and cons and I thought who better to ask then the crew on S&M! Thanks in advance.

I have a templaflow in the old 600, jetted it leaner one size and turned the altitude dial a bit and watched the plug color, just got better and better and never had lighter than tan plugs.... its amazing how it runs the same any temp.

the aatac is the templaflow and vari flow put together, for temperature and altitude

Good luck Brett

Ryan,

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am too interested in this,

So everyone is saying to go away from the aatac?

What your recommend for a 99 xc 600??? it has clutch kit, v-force 3 reeds, hot seat billet head, dynoport can.

kyle

kilowatt

Reaction score
Hi I have a 01 MNT Cat 800 with the vary-flow system on it and it works very well on the river at Drumheller or in the mountains I also have digital exhaust gauges so I know what my exhaust temps are all time and that helps because the 01 800 cats like to run lean in mid range.
Hope the info helps

Vern

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These Holtzman systems control the pressure in the carburator floatbowls which increases or decreases fuel flow, each device does it in its own way. But they all do the same thing and thats control floatbowl pressure. Making sure your engine is tuned properly and doing a proper install are key in making these devices do as they are supposed to. I've used the attacc and vari-flow and they both work great. Make sure you do a little tuning to see where your baseline jetting is before you do the hookup. If you are running rich you will want reduce your jetting accordingly to see the benifits. If you run them rich your not going to see much. I personally like the Hi altitude Variflow version because it lets you control the adjusments which i like. Higgins.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im just installing a ATTACC as we speak on a bone stock 2005 600 switch back. does anyone know do I use the stock jets in it or do I need to put something else in?

Top Bottom