Vancouver Island

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and the girlfriend are headed to the island next month for 10 days of relaxation. We're starting near the southern end at Sooke, and working our way up hwy 14 along the coast. I'm curious if anyone has taken that route recently, and would be able to recommend any good campgrounds or sights along the way?

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never been to Sook....but been to Tofino all I can say is wow

Tofino is likely going to be our northern most stop on our way back to the mainland. There are numerous hiking trails in and around that area that I hear are pretty unbelievable.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
if you go by lake cowichan theres a nice camp ground there called gorden bay, im going to the island next weekend

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a place on that island called Victoria. I'd stay way away from it man. :nono: Too full of freaks for my liking. :eek:

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out there last year for a week about 10-15 minutes from Victoria, had a beautiful campground but I can't remember the name. gonna do some digging and see if I can find the name in the motorhome somewhere.

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take the trail towards English mans falls. it is a link from Parksville to Tofino. Unbelieavable, it is a 1/2 day windy drive but way worth it.

GRD

Reaction score
Please take notes and pictures, my wife and I are planning to tour the island next summer!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
You might want to check out Denman and Hornby Islands, short ferry rides from Fanny Bay just north of Qualicum. White sand beaches on Hornby, very laid back and no one hurries on the islands.

Another place you might want to check out is Horne Lk. again just north of Qualicum heading inland. The caves are cool.
Vancouver Island adventure tours - Horne Lake caves Provincial Park

Tofino and Ucluelt are beatiful, best place in the world for a seafood dinner and everyone has to walk along Long Beach once.

If you do head up Island past Parksville take the old hwy. more scenic than the Parkway.
Have a great holiday.

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
If you are around Cowichan Bay, go have a bite to eat at the Rock Cod Cafe. Its AWESOME! Also owed and operated by my family!! Cowichan is a nice little spot to take a walk around.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the advice guys! I'm taking notes down on all of it and I'll let you know how it goes!

Keep it coming!

CORBX

Reaction score
Hi im interested in your Rene-800 for sale?

How much are you asking?$ what kind of condition is it in
and how many hours?....

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from port renfrew to lake cowichan or port alberni the road is gravel and used for off highway logging trucks , Island off highway logging trucks carry about 4 highway loads on one truck ,but the roads can be used by the public , all the porovinciial campgrounds are closed at this time of year on the Island , I know I live here If you have any questiont pm me or call

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I toured around a bit a few summers ago, I dont remember much of it........Nanaimo, Tofino ..there was a really sweet forest with gigantic trees that we wandered through on the way to Tofino..but I honestly can't remember the name of it either..I remember passing through a place that had little goats on the roof...maybe some folks can help me out with that one since I've lost my memory... and Quadra Island... very cool, hiked around there a bit too..beautiful

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I toured around a bit a few summers ago, I dont remember much of it........Nanaimo, Tofino ..there was a really sweet forest with gigantic trees that we wandered through on the way to Tofino..but I honestly can't remember the name of it either..I remember passing through a place that had little goats on the roof...maybe some folks can help me out with that one since I've lost my memory... and Quadra Island... very cool, hiked around there a bit too..beautiful

Grew up on the Island.......The town with the goats is Coombs...The whole Island and all the Gulf Islands are very beautiful.......:d

Top Bottom