Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your surprised by that? It's a typical type of play for him......Should be punished for sure but I doubt it will happen.

There you go again with your useless no good for nothing posts.

I've never seen burrows do that before. Anyways uncalled for obviously but I guess the ref said " you put your finger in his mouth" so what can ya do

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since when did biting another player become part of the game?? Pretty cheesey move on the part of Burrows and he needs to be punished for it.

Other than that, it was a great game to watch!

yes it was a great game to watch. As for the bite, well it would not have been my first choice of reaction but then again GET YOUR FINGER OUT OF MY MOUTH:d:d

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even Don Cherry had a good laugh at Burrows (bitting)being caught on cammera!!!! Its an old trick, been happening since christ was a cowboy!! I loved how Chara had two guys pinnined at the same time!! Man that guys is huge!!
GO NUCKS I even put money against BC so that we had my bad mojo out of the picture!!!!!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and you have many examples of this type of play from him??:confused::confused:

Cyle never has anything to back up his inane statements.He engages his fingers before putting his brain in gear.
If the nucks only play .500 hockey for the rest of the season they will still win the cup! If you said at the beginning of the season that Van could win the stanley cup by splitting a six game series with Boston I would have already been celebrating

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This just in, special on chicken fingers in the crease. Just see #37 for the free chicken fingers.
Playoff hockey rules, if they played the 82 games this hard there would be no one left for the playoffs.
Hansen was the best skater in that game, that Dane can fly on the blades.
Going downtown for the whole day on Saturday, just need Molson hockey house back @ false creek like the oly games.
Referee's are horrible, the first 2 periods were the most inconsistent of the whole playoffs. If I was Colin Campbell I'd resign too, the zebras need to get it that we pay to see hockey not g@y guys with red arm bands holding one arm up all night!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great game cuz the Nucks won...otherwise the refs took the game outta the game. Be nice to see some good 5 on 5 hockey in the playoffs...not special teams all night long! :nono:

Cyle...wtf, over. :confused: a little finger bite deserves punishment?? Like what...standing in the corner and thinking about what you've done?? Fricken funny...still be funny if a Bruin did it. ;) I bet it hurt real bad through that big arse glove too :rolleyes:

Polarblu...thanks for removing your bad mojo :p You might be broke by the end of the series...but keep betting on the bears!........................please.

:vancouver: :vancouver: :vancouver: :vancouver: :vancouver: :vancouver:

:vancouver:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jarro Ruutu was suspended 2 games for biting another player, why shouldn't Burrows? There's no place in hockey for that kind of play and even Barry Melrose said that he should be suspended for it. It was a chickensh!t play on his part, just because a guy has his hands in your face doesn't give you the right to bite him. :rant:

I'm really kind of surprised that so many Canuck fans think it's ok, if it were a Bruin that bit a Canuck player, you'd be screaming bloody murder. It's a shame he did it, it put a black mark on what I thought was a terrific game.:(

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jarro Ruutu was suspended 2 games for biting another player, why shouldn't Burrows? There's no place in hockey for that kind of play and even Barry Melrose said that he should be suspended for it. It was a chickensh!t play on his part, just because a guy has his hands in your face doesn't give you the right to bite him. :rant:

I'm really kind of surprised that so many Canuck fans think it's ok, if it were a Bruin that bit a Canuck player, you'd be screaming bloody murder. It's a shame he did it, it put a black mark on what I thought was a terrific game.:(

Actually I would have laughed if the roles were reversed. If you have your finger in or around my mouth area I am not going to open wide open for you to stuff it down further. :d If it was bare fingers and not thru the glove then I would support he be suspended but common on it was thru a hockey glove. :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do realize they were out shot in the first 2 periods and were also out hit and out blocked right? ....good on van...awesome game but to call the bruins old men or try to call it one sided is trying to make it feel better that its wasn't the one sided blow out vancouver fans thought it would be

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

That's funny i watched the whole game and the stats that they were puttin up was the nucks way ahead in the hit department. Yah the bruins were up in the shot department but that was also because they were up on the shot block department. I think that the three stars that they picked at the end of the game was very fitting and deserving, whatever team won there goalie would've been the first star, rightfully. All in all it dont really matter cause the nucks got the job done. There have only been 6 now shutouts in the first game of the cup finals and everytime the team who got the shutout went on to win the cup according to the stats that they were talkin about on global this mornin.

And as far as the bite if you stick your finger in my mouth there is a really good chance it's gonna get bit, And to even think about a suspension for anyone who bit a glove,, WTH..:nono::nono:

:vancouver::vancouver::beer::beer::beer::d

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like none of you have ever played hockey or if you did, you played without gloves. Sure the front side is padded pretty well but the backside, not so much and that's where the damage is done.

That was my only complaint about the game and it's a valid one. Yes, I played hockey and was coach/captain of my team for 7 seasons and if one of my players bit another player, he would have been suspended for 2 games minimum.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like none of you have ever played hockey or if you did, you played without gloves. Sure the front side is padded pretty well but the backside, not so much and that's where the damage is done.

That was my only complaint about the game and it's a valid one. Yes, I played hockey and was coach/captain of my team for 7 seasons and if one of my players bit another player, he would have been suspended for 2 games minimum.

I have played lots with and without gloves. Like I said earlier, it would not be my first choice to bite but I guess it is easy for us armchair critics to accept or condemn the action considering the hype and adrenalin pumping thru these guys veins. Anyway, all in all it was a good game but really hope the refs would let them play the game instead of it being a showdown on specialty teams. :beer:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have played lots with and without gloves. Like I said earlier, it would not be my first choice to bite but I guess it is easy for us armchair critics to accept or condemn the action considering the hype and adrenalin pumping thru these guys veins. Anyway, all in all it was a good game but really hope the refs would let them play the game instead of it being a showdown on specialty teams. :beer:

I seem to remember when I played that when you punched someone in the face you took your gloves OFF. I can"t believe he didn't bite harder ,man gloves STINK!!! :vancouver::vancouver::vancouver::vancouver:lol
Love the new smiley!!!!!!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arguing about it won't change a thing, it was a cheap shot and he got away with it. They are not going to suspend Burrows even though the proof was right there in video. :dunno:

I thought it was funny watching some of those Vancouver players trying to bait Chara, he was just shrugging them off like they were pesky little mosquitos. At the end of the 1st he had 2 of them trying to bait him and he held them off easily and Torres bounced off him while trying to check him into the boards in the 2nd. He is just a monster on the ice.:twocents:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup no point in arguing it as it did not affect the game anyway.

As for Chara, yes he is a monster but at 6'9" HE IS! I think any team will do their best to get under his skin as they cant knock him off his skates. I am 6'2" and I cant imagine being that tall. Good on him to get into sports and find something his size works into the sport.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yet there were a few times in the first period when chara was tryin to hangout in front of the net kessler and bieksa were able to know his arss down. But yes he is one big dude. But like alot of the big guys they aren't able to skate as fast or maneauver as quick as the slightly smaller guys. But chara has a huge reach.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he logged more ice time than any player from either side and it started to show there at the end. I thought Boston had too many bad line changes and it almost cost them earlier in the game.

Everyone knew that Boston's PP was not very good and Vancouvers was suppose to be the best in the playoffs, Boston shut them down and it pretty much was a wash though we did get more shots and pressure on the PP. If they can get that PP working, I think Vancouver could be in real trouble.

Any word on Hamhuis' injury? Bergeron probably needs tetinus shots too.:eek:

farwest

Reaction score
Yes I play, never put up with dorks rubbing their gloves in my face trying to insite something, but if the moron poked his fingers in my mouth pulling on my jaw he would lose more than one finger before I beat him.Bergeron is a coward.

Top Bottom