Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He played like crap? I though Seabrook and Keith were NHL defenceman, AHL guys would of done better last night, by far the two most pathetic players of the game. If I knew better i'd say they were trying to throw the game.

Chicago all around played one of the saddest games in a long time. Seemed pretty sad it was only 4-3. Coaching was also pathetic.

No I dont think he played like crap but letting those 2 soft goals in showed a bit of laziness IMO. He did make a nice save near the end of the game to get the win. All in all the Canucks played well and Chicago just looks like they dont want to be there and want to end their destiny sooner than later.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said ,good teams up their game when needed.The nucks did exactly what was needed to win no more no less.YAHOO....Where are all the naysayers and haters now lol?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....Where are all the naysayers and haters now lol?

I'm still here.;) When the 1st place team beats the 8th place team I don't get too excited. But then again being a Wings fan I know how to react to having a 1st place team, some other teams fans suffer from prematurecupulation. It's not a sprint; it's a marathon. When it gets to the Western Conference finals then you Nux fans can start getting Cup crazy. The first 2 rounds are just warm ups. For the record the Torres hit tonight should have been a major. I guess 4 games wasn't enough to learn what defines hitting someone when they are not in a position to defend themselves.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm still here.;) When the 1st place team beats the 8th place team I don't get too excited. But then again being a Wings fan I know how to react to having a 1st place team, some other teams fans suffer from prematurecupulation. It's not a sprint; it's a marathon. When it gets to the Western Conference finals then you Nux fans can start getting Cup crazy. The first 2 rounds are just warm ups. For the record the Torres hit tonight should have been a major. I guess 4 games wasn't enough to learn what defines hitting someone when they are not in a position to defend themselves.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I highly think he won't be playing another game this season. Shouldn't.

According to a lot of posts in this thread the canucks already won the cup :rolleyes:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
van is looking good. producing from multiple players, kesler especially is kicken azz. Edler is laying into guys like its no ones business. they arent afraid to give or get hits. having a good 4 lines is keeping ice time down and saving energy for later rounds. i agree detroit is great, just not as great.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Torres should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for that hit on Seabrook. Some people never learn from past mistakes, he returns from a 4 game suspension and does the same exact thing to a different player. Seabrook is lucky he didn't get hurt, that was a nasty elbow/shoulder to the head on a defenseless player.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Torres should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for that hit on Seabrook. Some people never learn from past mistakes, he returns from a 4 game suspension and does the same exact thing to a different player. Seabrook is lucky he didn't get hurt, that was a nasty elbow/shoulder to the head on a defenseless player.

I agree it was uncalled for. the canucks do just fine without him

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dont worru shredder they will drop the wings to if the wings make it that far.. lOL..

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, the Canucks won't miss a beat with him out of the lineup. Hard to belive that the Canucks coach Vigneault didn't think it was an illegal hit and shouldn't even have drawn a penalty. I understand sticking up for your players but no penalty on that hit?? Really? He should have just said no comment.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks bad in slow motion. But during the play it happened so fast. Sea rook happened to look away at the last moment and bam. Torres did get him shoulder to head Which is wrong. If the NHL did not issue a suspension especially after his 4 game suspension thy must of found it to not be that bad

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they do suspend him we should hear about it today. No reason to prolong it if they are going to do it. I saw it right when it happened and I didn't think Seabrook was going to get up.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TSN is reporting no suspension on Torres. They said according to rule number 48 (I believe that number) behind the net is a zone where hits are allowed so they could find no reason to suspend him. A lot of comments fore and against the hit on the threads there. I think if a Canuck player got hit like that I would be up in arms. Either way, hope he learns to let off a bit. After all this is a game. Usually it is a Canuck player on the receiving side ie Mitchel.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't be rule 48, that rule covers hits to the head and is pretty much a cut and dry deal.

Rule 48 - Illegal Check to the Head

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact is not permitted.

48.2 Minor Penalty - There is no provision for a minor penalty for this rule.

48.3 Major Penalty - For a violation of this rule, a major penalty shall be assessed (see 48.4).

48.4 Game Misconduct – An automatic game misconduct penalty shall be assessed whenever a major penalty is assessed under this rule.

48.5 Match Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent with an illegal check to the head.

48.6 Fines and Suspensions – Any player who incurs a total of two (2) game misconducts under this rule, in either regular League or playoff games, shall be suspended automatically for the next game his team plays. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game.

If deemed appropriate, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).

According to this rule, he should have recieved a major penalty at the very least but I guess they can interpret the rules however they see fit.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't be rule 48, that rule covers hits to the head and is pretty much a cut and dry deal.

Rule 48 - Illegal Check to the Head

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact is not permitted.

48.2 Minor Penalty - There is no provision for a minor penalty for this rule.

48.3 Major Penalty - For a violation of this rule, a major penalty shall be assessed (see 48.4).

48.4 Game Misconduct – An automatic game misconduct penalty shall be assessed whenever a major penalty is assessed under this rule.

48.5 Match Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent with an illegal check to the head.

48.6 Fines and Suspensions – Any player who incurs a total of two (2) game misconducts under this rule, in either regular League or playoff games, shall be suspended automatically for the next game his team plays. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game.

If deemed appropriate, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).

According to this rule, he should have recieved a major penalty at the very least but I guess they can interpret the rules however they see fit.

I have never read the rule book so no expert here but this is what was said in the TSN article

There was no scheduled hearing with the league on Monday. The NHL's Hockey Operations department said that the rule did not violate Rule 48, which provides an interpretation that the area behind the net is designated as a "hitting area". Unquote

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently there is a video that all the players have to watch and it shows what an illegal hit to the head is and isn't. In the video is where they state that a hit behind the net to the head is not considered a violation of rule 48. I was unaware that the area behind the net was different than other areas of the ice, learn something new every day.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=560159

farwest

Reaction score
I like Seabrook, but he has got to get his head up, this is like 4 or more times he has been cranked cause he won't look at what's comming.That play happens so fast at ice level(you don't have an overhead camera to time the hit with) Torres,I don't think has time to target the head , he just plain runs him over.JMHO

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rule 48 isn't cut and dry. You have to prove intent to injure. There was no suspension because it was ruled accidental contact. Either way it may have looked bad but as the rule goes its not a penalty.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The NHL is a bunch of frigging idiots, they obviously didn't even watch it. Seabrook didn't touch the puck, that alone on a questionable hit should be automatic suspension because of intent to injure on a unsuspecting player.

I hope Chicago just says F the series and returns some of the dirty plays the canucks have dished out. They still have to get through 60 minutes.

Torres is dirty as hell, he hits people to hurt them. How many times has he done it? Look at the time the detroit guy was taken off the ice on a stretcher. Big difference between hitting to take someone out of the play, and going out to hurt someone. It's just not called for.

With someone like that on your team, and the coach supporting that play, the canucks have nothing to complain about if one of their players gets run and taken off on a stretcher, or anything like that. They've got it coming.

Top Bottom