Valemount RCMP (BULLETIN!!)

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had any grief with the RCMP in Valemount. keep your ch!t maintained and legal and you won't either.

Yep, some people just don't frikken get it do they? Same thing every year. If they are too stupid to make sure their equipment is safe to operate on our hwy's and byway's they deserve every fine and tow job they get.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very well said!!!!! I feel the exact same way. I go to the mountains to ride the ch!t out of my sled and basically drive there and ride and drive home usually go for at least 4days very least at a time. I will never go to valemont area. I have been to Revy many many times and not once been hassled by the local police. It is usually 1000 buck all said and done one trip for me out there and Revy get it everytime. So it is very sad that the local buisniess has to suffer in Valemont due to the police hassling. I have nothing against police either doing there job(my dad and brother both cops) but if someone is not being a jackass or deserving of a bullch!t ticket then dont hassle them with one!!! That is all i am going to say my 2 cents LOL

Shame on those police for making our hwy's safe for all that use them hey?

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and so non of u BC boys do the same thing when u have your rigs set up and without us flatlanders coming to your province u couldn't keep your lights on, so I wouldn't bark to loud about us flatlanders that go to bc to find some good snow and a good times.

LMFAO! Ya, OK Barry Barton. :frusty:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No tickets, no issues in valemount for 10 years......just sayin'. Other than a couple skirmishes at the bar.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to Edmonton police, there is nothing that makes them illegal except for their lumens, if they can prove they are over 6,000 lumens, then they are illegal. There is no law stating that they have to be in a projector style housing. This should be a federal law. The local fuzz may be enforcing a local by-law that out of towners don't know about.

Further more, I have HID lights, in a gmc sierra, bulbs are in denali headlight fixtures, which are projector style, and factory GM original equipment, and the bulbs are 6,000 lumens, and i still get flashed from oncoming motorists on low beam.

I have put the same bulbs in my wife's ford edge, and have yet to be even questioned about them, sounds kinda hoakey to me!!!!

So you are going to fix that right?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to Edmonton police, there is nothing that makes them illegal except for their lumens, if they can prove they are over 6,000 lumens, then they are illegal. There is no law stating that they have to be in a projector style housing. This should be a federal law. The local fuzz may be enforcing a local by-law that out of towners don't know about.

Further more, I have HID lights, in a gmc sierra, bulbs are in denali headlight fixtures, which are projector style, and factory GM original equipment, and the bulbs are 6,000 lumens, and i still get flashed from oncoming motorists on low beam.

I have put the same bulbs in my wife's ford edge, and have yet to be even questioned about them, sounds kinda hoakey to me!!!!

Projector "style" does not mean proper projector housing. What's your next step dude?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No tickets, no issues in valemount for 10 years......just sayin'.

12 years and no issues for me. Follow the law and you'll be fine. Personally, I would like to see the RCMP crack down much harder on guys running illegal HID lights and guys not turning off their fog lights for oncoming traffic. We generally ride Thursday/Friday and coming back to Alberta Friday night is a nightmare with all the Albertan idiots heading west that have absolutely no consideration for fellow motorists. I get half-blinded and see spots for the majority of the trip home. All you inconsiderate a-holes that think it's your right to do this really need to have the RC's pull your truck over and smash your lights out on the spot ! (and then give you at least a $1000 fine). There is likely need for more aggressive action than this, because the idiots that do this never learn, but it would be a good start.

Sent from my iPad when I should be fishing.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12 years and no issues for me. Follow the law and you'll be fine. Personally, I would like to see the RCMP crack down much harder on guys running illegal HID lights and guys not turning off their fog lights for oncoming traffic. We generally ride Thursday/Friday and coming back to Alberta Friday night is a nightmare with all the Albertan idiots heading west that have absolutely no consideration for fellow motorists. I get half-blinded and see spots for the majority of the trip home. All you inconsiderate a-holes that think it's your right to do this really need to have the RC's pull your truck over and smash your lights out on the spot ! (and then give you at least a $1000 fine). There is likely need for more aggressive action than this, because the idiots that do this never learn, but it would be a good start.

I'll assume that I'm not in your albertan idiots group with my track record?...lol. How ya been? Fishing season over now? Ready for some sledding banter again?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'll assume that I'm not in your albertan idiots group with my track record?...lol. How ya been? Fishing season over now? Ready for some sledding banter again?

Doing great, thank you ! Actually heading to BC tomorrow for 4 days of fishing at Sheridan Lake, then I'll try to get in to sledding mode. I'm starting to miss the fun battles with the Doo Dummies !! :)

Sent from my iPad when I should be fishing.

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always laugh when I see these kinds of threads on here. I dont have my truck jacked up or hids on it, and my trailer breaks and lights work as well as my break away switch. I usually drive to the road conditions too!
Funny how I have no issue with the boys in blue, in B.C. ( knock on wood )

funny how that works....dont modify your headlights and you have absolutly no issues in BC with the law

I cant believe its not enforced in Alberta, there are too many selfish drivers blinding oncomming traffic in AB

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got slowed down in time; and almost had to come for a complete stop for a whole herd of elk in the middle of the highway on my way back home from hockey practice in Hinton tonight. Say what you guys will about HID's.....they just saved my truck and a few elk that I would have hit if I hadn't seen them in time and plowed through the whole herd. I also met a couple of other vehicles with HID's coming towards me; and took notice after this thread brought it to my attention. I never noticed it too be a big deal; all the headlights were bright coming at me (HID's were brighter with a wider pattern), I just adjust my focus point accordingly. I also do ALOT of night driving and don't even have a problem with guys leaving their fog lights on anymore due to about 50% of the vehicles that leave them on all the time. The worst vehicle I met tonight was actually a car with purple fog lights.:eek: Not trying to start a pi$$ing match or anything guys, just my own point of view from both sides of the headlights tonight.:beer:

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering do the cops have the right to even look in your trailer as far as sleds being tied down properly. If so what is the law on enclosed trailers and tieing sleds down???
I never tie them down from riding areas to town but i do, too and from home.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is like you not wearing seat belts from the staging area to the hotel. Anything could happen, anywhere. A moose, a stupid passer coming the other way. I believe there was a study that showed the majority of accidents were within minutes of the destination, or departure point.

Just wondering do the cops have the right to even look in your trailer as far as sleds being tied down properly. If so what is the law on enclosed trailers and tieing sleds down???

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They had a check stop set up when we were headed back from Chappel. They were just checking the drivers for licence/reg and making sure nobody was drinking and driving. Never asked to go in the trailer; just told us to ride safe and have a good weekend. I'm all for checkstops like that one.
:cool:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had a check stop set up when we were headed back from Chappel. They were just checking the drivers for licence/reg and making sure nobody was drinking and driving. Never asked to go in the trailer; just told us to ride safe and have a good weekend. I'm all for checkstops like that one.
:cool:
same here, they've never asked to look inside the enclosed.

Top Bottom