Valemount or mcbride?

Sebanff

Reaction score
Hi guys. Wich one is do you prefer and why? I want to go sled in one of those area but i dont know nothing about them... Its my first year in the west of the country. I've been in revy one time and thats all. Do you know a place that i can start direct from the shop rentals?(I only ride Doooo) Or i absolutely need a trailer. I dont have hicth on my suv yet...:( If you go there this week or next week let me know. Ill try to find a crew or a guide. Thank you Sébastien Im in jasper right now and Revy is too far for going back just one day.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your In luck. Alpine Country Rentals in valemount rents SKIDOO Snowmobiles and Trailers. Valemount is also my favorite place to ride so that is my suggestion. tons of terrain

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
I actually prefer Mcbride, but I don't know of a rental outfit there, and the best range there (renshaw) is a fair drive out of town and up logging roads, certainly requires trailering and 4WD

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I actually prefer Mcbride, but I don't know of a rental outfit there, and the best range there (renshaw) is a fair drive out of town and up logging roads, certainly requires trailering and 4WD

Spindrift rents snowmobiles in McBride but he doesn't not have Ski-Doo as far as I know.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
either place is awesome, spindrift doesn't rent doo, but are a great crew and will get out on your way. I do agree that 4x4 isn't really necessary for renshaw. also there is Lucile which is almost right in town that you wouldn't need 4x4. In valemount all of the staging area's are right off the highway and have easy access. but either place you will need to trailer the sled I believe, but may be able to arrange for them to drop it off for you at a staging area

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
either place is awesome, spindrift doesn't rent doo, but are a great crew and will get out on your way. I do agree that 4x4 isn't really necessary for renshaw. also there is Lucile which is almost right in town that you wouldn't need 4x4. In valemount all of the staging area's are right off the highway and have easy access. but either place you will need to trailer the sled I believe, but may be able to arrange for them to drop it off for you at a staging area

we've seen you in the Renshaw parking lot without 4x4 (in January I might add)..... you worked hard.... buuuuuut made it out!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Yea some work required but it made it out...... Still remeber the guy at the too laughing and saying "maybe try 4x4"

Thanks tips I would have never thought of that..... Maybe come show me how to switch my 2wd truck into 4x

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea some work required but it made it out...... Still remeber the guy at the too laughing and saying "maybe try 4x4"

Thanks tips I would have never thought of that..... Maybe come show me how to switch my 2wd truck into 4x

But your from Alberta it's provincial law that you must have a jacked up 4x4 truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sebanff

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer guy. @maxwell you look to be a pretty experiment guy. Would you like to bring me next time you you go there? I offer boze, and gas for putting my sled on a trailer or a truck? what is the best area for powder:D?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep;MAXWELL's your guy...don't know if offering him booze is the right approach though...

Sebanff

Reaction score
Yep;MAXWELL's your guy...don't know if offering him booze is the right approach though...
Offer boze(at the end of the day...) or lunch... Just try to make new sled friend. Im 22, not a lot of sledder friend where i am right now. :(

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But your from Alberta it's provincial law that you must have a jacked up 4x4 truck!

Nope. From Ab and I think lifed trucks are not practical. I also own a long box fit for the purpose of hauling sleds with or without a sled deck. And yes I work in the oilfield so please dont stereotype.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. From Ab and I think lifed trucks are not practical. I also own a long box fit for the purpose of hauling sleds with or without a sled deck. And yes I work in the oilfield so please dont stereotype.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
Lol sarcasm can be hard to pick up on some times when reading! I am also from Alberta and was makin fun of the stereotype of people from Alberta! And I agree about lifted trucks are not practical

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Lol sarcasm can be hard to pick up on some times when reading! I am also from Alberta and was makin fun of the stereotype of people from Alberta! And I agree about lifted trucks are not practical

Your not entirely wrong though..... Take a 2wd truck into a shop in Edm and see the looks you get.

"What do you mean 2wd".... I even had one shop ask me if I was sure it wasn't a 4x4.
Nice thing about it was it did not look like a 2wd have 2" lift and level and I always kept aggressive tires on it. Rarely ever had any issues getting around and pretty sure I only got it stuck once that I couldn't wiggle it out of.

That said after 6 years without. 4x4 is kinda nice to have. Especially on trips to the big hills. But as stated above. You won't see my trucks lifted, no flat brims, and I white doesn't bring out my eyes

Top Bottom