VALEMOUNT-Kinbasket Lake Campground

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Thinking of going to Valemount area for some camping and quadding. What is this campground like? Can you quad from your site? What about random camping in the area with access to the trails. Overall experience from people who have been there. We have a lot of riding experience and are very clean campers.

thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few campgrounds along the kinbasket lake road. See ridevalemount.com for maps etc. campgrounds are beautiful but not serviced. Can ride atv from any of them down the logging road to access other logging roads and trails. It's all trail and road riding if your looking for mud this isn't your spot. Beautiful scenery and you can put on some serious miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rubi the family and I went camping and quadding by Kinbasket lake last summer. I would recommend staying at the Horse Creek campsite as the sites are a little better sheltered and there were a couple sites big enough to accommodate a 40' toyhauler. It's the last campground before the marina if you choose this area. We rode the old logging road past the marina to approx. km 56 where we had to turn around and limp our way back to the campground due to the father-in-laws can-am overheating. He doesn't maintain it as well as he should..... Also rode past the rock quarry and that was quite the view and had a good visit with the owners. We rode that road and trail on a Sunday when hopefully there wouldn't be any traffic coming from the quarry.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time I rode in the area on quads was 11 yrs ago and I plan to take the family out in the Ranger this August or Sept. Will have to rent a cabin this go around but feedback is great on experiences.

Six point

Reaction score
Hi Folks,last couple years we stayed at Canoe river campground.Quad friendly and you can ride out to the trails.Recommend the Canoe mountain trail for awesome alpine scenery. This year the plan might be to ride down the east side of Kinbasket lake south of the marina.

BigBear

Reaction score
I agree on Canoe river campground great place for camping and home base for quading

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
So it just dawned on me that these are actual campgrounds , and that they are not free(random). We have not paid for camping in years .lol Anyone remember the cost per night?, and do you have to pay for wood? We have gotten so used to free camping and hauling our own wood.

Are there any random camping spots around there like we have in Alberta?

Six point

Reaction score
I think the Canoe river Campground was around $20/night.I like the piece of mind knowing all your stuff is safe while out all day on the trail.The showers,picnic tables and fire pits are an added bonus.Wood is for sale.I believe there is some random stuff down the east side of the lake,the old mill site previously mentioned is one of them.
PK

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should get in contact with Curtis at varda. He will tell you everything you need to know about all the available campgrounds. He's in te office during the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Think the cost was $13.00 a day. Mid week we were all by ourselves. Staying on that side of the lake you didn't have any issues with riding along the highway to get anywhere. From the campsite on the East side of the lake you can access both sides of the lake as well as getting up the mountain. Couple years ago seen a large group of atvers ripping up the ditch on the main highway south of Valemount :nono:. This activity doesnt help Varda selling summer riding. Better to camp along the lake and take it the sights and sounds of glaciers melting and waterfall views.

Top Bottom