Valemount Glacier Destinations Approval

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It was all over the news last nite... Anyone with property in valemount will probably double the value in the next few years... Things looking good for valemount :)

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was all over the news last nite... Anyone with property in valemount will probably double the value in the next few years... Things looking good for valemount

People still closing their eyes to the fact that all ski resorts in bc are hurting except Whistler. Why would this new resort be any different?
So many industry people are scratching their heads on how this or Jumbo can survive.
It may backfire on the town, drive up real estate based on speculation and young families will move out because they cannot afford housing. Businesses will run short of staff because there are no young people to serve food, pump gas etc.
Whistler businesses are closing or running short hours because they cannot find staff due to no feasible accommodation.
Invermere has gone through this, once the real estate bubble burst and local logging came back the town is now back on track.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It was all over the news last nite... Anyone with property in valemount will probably double the value in the next few years... Things looking good for valemount

People still closing their eyes to the fact that all ski resorts in bc are hurting except Whistler. Why would this new resort be any different?
So many industry people are scratching their heads on how this or Jumbo can survive.
It may backfire on the town, drive up real estate based on speculation and young families will move out because they cannot afford housing. Businesses will run short of staff because there are no young people to serve food, pump gas etc.
Whistler businesses are closing or running short hours because they cannot find staff due to no feasible accommodation.
Invermere has gone through this, once the real estate bubble burst and local logging came back the town is now back on track.

I thought the Jumbo glacier resort fell through??

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canmore and banff also struggling to maintain everyday services. Plenty of work but no where for people to live. Real-estate prices are climbing and services lessening with all the retirees and foreign investments. Companies are busing people from calgary for work.
As a skier and sledder i don't see how either of those resorts would survive. Jumbo will be so isolated. Revy had only completed 1/9th of the plan they initially started with. I think government just sees short term tax income.
Look at revy prices, went sky friggin high and now have come down but still mostly renting to Scandinavians.
Wouldn't invest in vale any time soon

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom