valemount cops bored again so lets pick on some sledders again

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just get tired of all the city people bunching all farmers in the same boat!!Alot of farmers maintain their equipment and don't have to take it somewhere and rely on the mechanic's word that everything is operating!!But with anything it just takes one or two 'typical' farmers to get all farmers painted with the same brush!!

I agree completly:beer:

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Factory fog lights are legal, as long as they are not on when the high beams are on.

i got pulled over 2am south of valemount in my car with fog lights and low beams on, no one else around except the cop that came around the curve, pulled me over and told me factory fog lights r NOT allowed on in BC and hes sure alberta is the same at any time. that to me is sounded dumb.:confused:

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got pulled over 2am south of valemount in my car with fog lights and low beams on, no one else around except the cop that came around the curve, pulled me over and told me factory fog lights r NOT allowed on in BC and hes sure alberta is the same at any time. that to me is sounded dumb.:confused:
if there not legal then tell him to mail the ticket the auto makers last time i checked they are legal in ab anyways

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

that sounds fishy to me as well...i figured if it was factory it ok. or maybe they figure your factory fog lights on your 2 wheel drive car are only for all the offroading that car was meant for.:rolleyes:

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i dunno but i wanna call BS on that, unless the cops here in Alberta just dont care, cause they've never bothered me before...

Parad0x01

Reaction score

If thats true then why the hell is it legal for manufacturers to install them at the factory? lol thats like having a radio and not being allowed to listen to it while driving.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I believe you have to have the appropriate hazardous materials sign on the outside of the area in which the container is being carried, ie: if you have a canopy or cover on the truck box you must have the sign on the outside. You also need the hazardous material sign on or fastened to the container. The container must also be tied down securely. If you are carrying the container outside and not in a closed space then it needs to be secured and must also have the hazardous materials sign on it.

TDG is for commercial haulers... and does not apply to transport of small quantity for personal use...

WTF is the point of a jerry can if you are not allowed to transport it???? kinda defetes the purpose of it don't it???? "Hey Mr. You can fill that thing up here BUT you are not allowed to take it anywhere unless you walk"

So by that logic if I launch my boat into a BC lake.... I'm not allowed to go fill jerry cans to replenish my tank unless I walk???? I would have to pull my boat and trailer it to the nearest fuelling station??? If it is illegal to transport fuel in BC why is canadian tire allowed to sell jerry cans?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TDG is for commercial haulers... and does not apply to transport of small quantity for personal use...

WTF is the point of a jerry can if you are not allowed to transport it???? kinda defetes the purpose of it don't it???? "Hey Mr. You can fill that thing up here BUT you are not allowed to take it anywhere unless you walk"

So by that logic if I launch my boat into a BC lake.... I'm not allowed to go fill jerry cans to replenish my tank unless I walk???? I would have to pull my boat and trailer it to the nearest fuelling station??? If it is illegal to transport fuel in BC why is canadian tire allowed to sell jerry cans?

Canadian Tire is allowed to sell jerry cans so people have something to carry their fuel in when they walk to the service station.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Brakes working on your trailer?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask the exact same question Bogger!

I've never been to Valemont yet, but I was planning on going there this year. After reading this thread I'm 100% sure that I'll pass on Valemont.

Yes we should have everything working. Agreed. And I'm sure most people do try to maintain their equipment. Sometimes though, a fuse can blow, plugs come loose, a strap can come loose and not be noticed (especially if it's dark) even after it's been checked a time or two, etc.

It's hard to define if you're being targeted or not. I have a pretty darn good idea though when they start writing ticket after ticket and digging for more. Sometimes a simple STERN warning does more good than a ticket.

I'm pretty sure that if you think about it you'll all admit that there's been times that you haven't been perfectly legal. It's pretty easy to say "Be perfect and the cops will leave you alone", but if you ever took a really good look at the book of laws that they pack around, they can charge you for so many little things I bet even Cuso could end up with a few tickets.

There's a huge difference in being in compliance or very close to it than being blatently uncompliant. Any Police officer should have the common sense enough to be able to distinguish between the two and act accordingly.

But, BUT, just in case all those in valemont can't distinguish between the two, or lack common sense.......... I'll just stay away and have my fun elsewhere. And I won't be missing out on a thing!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
There's a huge difference in being in compliance or very close to it than being blatently uncompliant. Any Police officer should have the common sense enough to be able to distinguish between the two and act accordingly.

:):beer:.... Very well said !

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

Anybody that gets a ticket for this and DOESNT fight it is crazy...I have been pulled over and fought this on the SPOT!!

Factory fog/driving lights ARE LEGAL everywhere in Canada...Why the fawk do you think your cars and trucks come WITH THEM. They are approved by TRANSPORT CANADA...period. No further discussion required. Province to province makes no difference. That fact that 10 people here have either recieved tickets or been warned or have questioned the fact wether or not they are legal blows me away. This is the age of the internet...you have time to gripe about it on Snow & Mud but not actually look up the applicable law???

Wake up people...Follow the rules, and you dont get tickets, its quite simple. Dont know the rules, how do you even discuss with an officer once pulled over??

Wow, some of you guys know sleds inside and out, but I have no idea how you actually make it to the mountains in a vehicle...

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the cops in mcbride last year. They had a new hotshot cop move to town and he was there to "clean this place up". been going there for 12 years and never a problem. This little pr!ck stopped me 3 times last winter. never wrote me a single ticket but what a pain in the azz! sometimes they like to abuse there power IMO

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody that gets a ticket for this and DOESNT fight it is crazy...I have been pulled over and fought this on the SPOT!!

Factory fog/driving lights ARE LEGAL everywhere in Canada...Why the fawk do you think your cars and trucks come WITH THEM. They are approved by TRANSPORT CANADA...period. No further discussion required. Province to province makes no difference. That fact that 10 people here have either recieved tickets or been warned or have questioned the fact wether or not they are legal blows me away. This is the age of the internet...you have time to gripe about it on Snow & Mud but not actually look up the applicable law???

Wake up people...Follow the rules, and you dont get tickets, its quite simple. Dont know the rules, how do you even discuss with an officer once pulled over??

Wow, some of you guys know sleds inside and out, but I have no idea how you actually make it to the mountains in a vehicle...

Exactly! this is why i got stopped 3 times and never got a single ticket! that little bastage tried hard to nail me with something but he had nothin on me! :d

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Exactly! this is why i got stopped 3 times and never got a single ticket! that little bastage tried hard to nail me with something but he had nothin on me! :d

Then just smile and move on...so ya lost some time, big deal. Funny how we all want a cop to come running when we need them, but they are azzholes the rest of the time.

I speed, and am prepared to pay a ticket if I get caught. I have tinted windows on my truck, know they are illegal and am fully prepared to deal with the consequences when I get stopped and I will sooner or later. I keep my trucks and trailers in 100% shape because I run commercial plates on everything, but guess what. Same rules and regulations as everyone else. Its just that with commercial plates I dont have to wait to get pulled over I have to hit the scales and offer my equipment up for inspection on a daily basis. I for one and glad that the cops are cracking down on people pulling trailers on the hiways. Now if we could just get them to start cracking down on RVs, campers and 5th wheel trailers, the hiways would be a lot safer place for all.

Its coming, and coming quick, so everyone may as well get prepared...

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How long and how many trips with jerry cans to fill your boat ?

riffrraffing

Reaction score
A word to the wise...Do not under any circumstance discard a cigarette but out the window while waiting for the cop to write you a ticket. Or any other time for that matter. Also, have a well thought out plan for what you are doing with your empties before you get pulled over.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt have a trailer! just 1 sled in my truck. I had tint. he coulda wrote me up on that. he had no cause to even stop me. just a routine check. It really doesnt bother me... It kinda makes me laugh every time I get stopped! I work in the patch I always speed too! I think its good they are checking guys out. If you may have read my posts in other threads. If you have all your ducks in a row and like you say know a little about the law you wont get tickets.

riffrraffing

Reaction score
Another question for those that are up on the regulations. Why are you not permitted to have your propane tanks open going to you propane lines in your trailer. Now the one cop said it was totally illegal but his partner was willing to let it slide because I only had one bottle open and not the other bottle. Also, how come it is illegal to store a propane tank on it's belly if it is empty. Of course it was secured under the deck with a couple of ratchet straps. Another one, how much diesel fuel can a person legally haul in a slip tank before placards are required? The cop that pulled me over told me it was 85gallons. My tank holds 115gallons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom