Valemount Conditions and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
curtis, based on snowpack this year what is your estimate on the latest possible riding...for us diehards haha..im talking hauling sleds up the mountain with atv kind of die hard haha

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
mite have to visit the hill with the tower just south of town... would be a nice climb witht the atv in the summer :)

You referring to Canoe Mtn, Was up there yrs ago, It was a easy run...Road to the top.Nice view until a cloud came & sat on the top with us.Not sure if one can bike up there any more ?

Black08Brute

Reaction score
I have quaded there on the Aug long weekend and there was still snow on the north faces but the patches were pretty small. So I wouldn't go in Aug. lol..

rmkgrrl

Reaction score
Hey Curtis...Thanks for all the work you do, the pictures, snow condition updates, friendly words of advice, and your enthusiasm for safe and fun riding are all appreciated. My hubby and I are always happy to see you out on the hill and will see you again next year. Just can't make the 12 hour trip again this year!

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does any body know what the conditions are at Milage? hoping to be there on friday thru sunday

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home from Vale. Sledded Allan on Monday. That was pretty boring... Everything was tracked out pretty solid (at least as far as we wanted to venture back). Clemina yesterday and today was pretty awesome. There's about a foot to two feet at altitude. Probably 6 to 8 inches fell at the cabin yesterday while we were there. Couldn't see the trail from the cabin, it dumped hard. Today was wicked.. played all through the trees in the pow and got tons of helmet cam footage. Vids to come if I can ever edit all of them!

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home from Vale. Sledded Allan on Monday. That was pretty boring... Everything was tracked out pretty solid (at least as far as we wanted to venture back). Clemina yesterday and today was pretty awesome. There's about a foot to two feet at altitude. Probably 6 to 8 inches fell at the cabin yesterday while we were there. Couldn't see the trail from the cabin, it dumped hard. Today was wicked.. played all through the trees in the pow and got tons of helmet cam footage. Vids to come if I can ever edit all of them!

lets see some Pics!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its true, my sled aint going anywhere unless its a highway

yeah same for me man.. only paved here..
oh wait what am i thinking only the ditches for me relatively speaking.

you going out easter weekend?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

With a forecast like this, who would not want to be on the mountain

Chappell will be groomed up tonight and most likely run until Saturday in an effort to recoup the cost of grooming. Saturday may be a bit bumpy, but this is what we need to do to keep covering the costs of maintaining this trail. Hopefully the colder nighttime temperatures will keep the trail firm.

Allan and Clemina will be groomed tomorrow night and number depending, throughout the weekend.

It seems that we have received some fresh snow out there in the last couple of days, but I have still not heard from someone that has been up top.

I have attached a picture from the Westridge bench this morning. The picture facing south towards the riding areas, and Canoe Mountain is supposed to be in there somewhere. That HAS to be some good snow !

That being said, we still have a scary snowpack. Please use caution and tread lightly. FULLY READ the CAA conditon reports for the North Columbia area before heading out for your days ride. Park smart and look out for your group.

If you are in Chappell tomorrow and see the Mountain Host Team, please stop and say hello ! We can also answer any questions you may have about the area.

Have a safe and fun weekend !

Attachments

• IMGP9299.jpg
    IMGP9299.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 42

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it should be open usually april 15th i beleive

Man Maxwell, you are quick..........

Dixon is set for the 30th. We have closures around here that open on the
15th or 30th. BUT it will open earlier as it opens as soon as the Ski Company lets us know they are done for the season and we will post on here and cover the closure signs on site

Email our office for any other specifics. I dont have all the dates at home

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some assorted pics from Allan and Clemina from Monday - Wednesday.

Attachments

• S4020625 (WinCE).JPG
    S4020625 (WinCE).JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 124
  • S4020635 (WinCE).JPG
    S4020635 (WinCE).JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 130
  • S4020638 (WinCE).JPG
    S4020638 (WinCE).JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 132
  • S4020639 (WinCE).JPG
    S4020639 (WinCE).JPG