Valemount Conditions and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates from the weekend. How is this weekend looking heading there on Wednesday. Riding for 3 days.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weekend is looking good, although no fresh snow seen for a few days. I think we have officially come into the spring riding season. The trails will be all groomed up and this weekend may be the last time we hit chappell with the groomer this year due to warm weather. The trail is just too low for to long and deteriorates fast.

The forecast shows the possiblility of snow tonight and tomorrow...... heres hoping. We currently have overcast skies, with a strong cool wind that is blowing in cloud cover, so it may happen.

If I find out any info from guests riding throughout the week, I will let everyone know.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from raking my lawn this morning, to this:d in a matter of minutes. Huge winds and a complete whiteout

Attachments

• IMGP9279.jpg
    IMGP9279.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 30

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple more days of snow will be good. Heading down for the easter wknd.
Hope the trails hold up till then.
Maxwell... maybe you will be around and can point out some tree'd areas to play in?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the word (local, not AV Can.) on the avy conditions...any change fo the good or bad?

unfortunately its going to be bad for the remainder of the season.

there are alot of NATURAL occuring slides that you can see in many areas even in the distance (not in the riding area) that are letting go.

not to mention snowmobile triggered ones. a couple larger ones let go in allan and clemina...blue river is bad in spots aswell.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are they letting go in Allan I have been going there for alot of year and I have seen very few in Allan. Clemina I have seen alot thats understanable seings there are very few trees.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back in superbowl there was 2 i saw. nothing MAJOR the sidehill ridge on the way to the back has let go a couple times this year which i would never suspect.

backside of milton etcetc

and just after the avalanche zone that hill that always lets go.

but this is a small portion of the area. i would say 90% is still safe

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comin out tomorrow afternoon, see you there :d:beer: Is chapelle going to be groomed one more time? That's where I'll be fri morning :beer:

sheldon11

Reaction score
Hey Curtis do you know if there is good snow at Chapell for this weekend we will be there on friday morning.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot be exactly sure on conditions as the weather in Valemount in nothing simailar to the weather 15min south. That being said, we did receive a nice snowstorm yesterday and my trailhead staff reported snowfall all day at Allan that accumulated to 3" in the parking area and it was still snowing when he left. Chappell should have received a good dose as well....

The nighttime temperatures have remained cool, which greatly improves the longevity of the trails and our grooming season, but remember to bear with use during the warming spring months, we do our best.

Valemount cant THANK the snowmobile tourists enough for coming to our town. We rely on your business to get us through the long winters and this year more than ever. Numbers have been significantly down this season due to numerous factors, but we still see the same old die hards out there, and believe me, we appreciate it. Remember, we have lots to offer in the summer season as well. After grooming shuts down the VARDA office will be open more during the week. Dont hesitate to call for advice on camping, fishing, atving, hiking and other outdoor activities we have to offer.

But enough of that, LOTS of snowmobiling left :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom