Valemount Conditions and Updates 2020 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all want to go snowmobiling in a bad way and all of our local BC clubs want us too aswell so lets stop making assumptions and fear mongering. We all know Everything we post in here is only going to get blown out of proportion and spread fear. Lets give our club some benefit of the doubt and just make a Person to Person phone call. They are likely way more confused and stressed about it than you are, and trust me they are trying to piece this chit show together and make sense of it as well. Government regulations are never clear and concise. If there was a cut and dry answer we would have it. There is always so much grey area. The only sure thing about this whole ordeal is that the Club will do everything in their power to get us on the snow, so just pick up the phone and find out what the club has to say about what's going on rather that posting misinformation on here. Lets stop the covid keyboard wars. Sincerely, your number 1 local keyboard warrior.

P.S. see you on the snow. try and stop me horgan

Last edited:

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit chappel today....best first ride of the early season in quit a few years about 4 inches of fresh on top of lunch boxes crews tracks ...blower snow all day long Will be hittin allen creek tomorrow

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit chappel today....best first ride of the early season in quit a few years about 4 inches of fresh on top of lunch boxes crews tracks ...blower snow all day long Will be hittin allen creek tomorrow

How was the ride in? I know the last 5 KMs or so we were using most of the ol Sidewinder power. Tried to plow a decent path down but boy she was deep.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

4 inches of pow on top of what????

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappel had about 5.5 feet total of baseless white gold did not cross the lake but sure eat up the meadows and creeks total of 6 sleds at chappel looked like the lunchbox crew had a riot busting into chappel ahead of us all in all a great first day

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allen was ok.... less snow and a ton of sledder....trail out was a skating rink The switch backs are glare ice looked like there was lots of entertainment trying to get up them by the tracks on our way down

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail is getting banged up down low and a bit better up top. Snow was great today, lots of pow. Everything around the entrance is pretty banged out but down by the lake and the other side is all nearly untouched.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Access to Allan still on the old trail?

Yes and will be for some time. Very warm temps down low and no snow to groom. HOPEFULLY we have a good early season again and the gate is respected. It is for the benefit of everyone for the ENTIRE SEASON, not those who risk coming early season.

We also have some surprise issues with plowing of the Clemina FSR and will be meeting with Trans Mtn this week to work on a solution. They are just trying to get their clearing done prior to our busy winter season.

Please keep an eye out for updates.

Ride safe

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please see the update below.

Attachments

• November 24th 2020-page-001.jpg
    November 24th 2020-page-001.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 783

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bright night out there tonight! The snow gauge is deceiving though. There's twice as much snow from the pictures I've seen.
e053d9778991bf17cc6067b9af63db16.jpg

ShawnPrince

Reaction score
We rode Chappelle Creek yesterday and I had to leave my sled up close to the alpine on the tral because the rear idlers failed. I forgot to grab the messed up wheels. If anyone if going up there they can have the axyle if they grab it. 1" offset for skidoo gen 4. We swapped them out with the stock ones and got her out. Another member of our group nuked his xm so now it is spending the night.

Trail is very rough and creek crossings are getiing worse by the day. VARDA recommending min 4 per group is accurate

Snow up there was bottomless both days so if you have the stomach for the trail the reward was worth the time spent pulling creeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom