Vacation ideas.....

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, I got a 18 month old son and a wife, where's a nice place to go. Somewhere warm and great for kids. Looking to spend 4-6 K for a week or little more....for end of April.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!!!!

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came back from cabo in mexico. Ten days for 4 of us. 2 kids, 2 adults....5k stayed at the riu

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of places that you can go with a toddler. someone correct me if i am wrong, but i believe that children under 2 years are free most of the time. i know when we went to riviera maya, mexico at the end of january our 12 month was free and so was the group that we went with's kid was 23 months and was free. the week trip was around 3500

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always liked the look of Hawaii. I really want to go there and get remarried .

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Said no man ever !!!! did you walk away from the puter logged in ????

No lol I have an awesome wife who earns more than me lol

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of places that you can go with a toddler. someone correct me if i am wrong, but i believe that children under 2 years are free most of the time. i know when we went to riviera maya, mexico at the end of january our 12 month was free and so was the group that we went with's kid was 23 months and was free. the week trip was around 3500

Yea free ride ends at two!

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to imagine my son sitting on my lap for 5 hours on a plane....... Not sure about this, he can't fit still for 5 min.. Lol

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if an 18mo old really appreciate Disney yet? Maui's a bit on the pricey side but a gorgeous, laid back place to visit. Mexico might just be the best bang for your buck since you're travelling with the little guy and your choice of activities will be constrained. Wherever you go, I'd recommend trying to book a condo instead of a hotel room, especially since you're travelling with the little one.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to imagine my son sitting on my lap for 5 hours on a plane....... Not sure about this, he can't fit still for 5 min.. Lol

Bahhh, just make sure you wear your Teflon suit so all the evil glares just fall right off you. :)

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Braver man then I traveling anywhere on a plane with a youngster. Best of luck.

My advice, grandma's house and go on a 2nd honeymoon. At that age what is he going to remember? NOTHING, you and your wife however will wonder if it all worth it if things go wrong. Just saying. I do however absolutely support you 100% for wanting to travel as a family, timing it the question. If nothing else it could be a true test of your relationship with the wife. Buy drinks around you if he gets out of hand on the plane. The teflon suit whoDEANie refers to will not help.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disney is in a few years from now. Most flights end of April to Los cobos leave at 8:00am to Calgary , then 4 hrs straight to Mexico. This might be best. If I load the iPad up with Elmo vids he should be okay. Plus he usually naps for 1.5 hours in the late AM.

Maui is where we want to go but that's 7 hrs on a plane. Might be too much for little guy.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Maui last month on a plane FULL of kids. Out of the dozen+ kids, there was really only one that was obnoxious but she was still under a year old and her parent were 90% of the problem.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We thought of dropping him off at grandmas, unfortunately our grandparents are in their mid 50's and have full time jobs.... Lol

We don't care if he remembers this vacation, there will be pictures and more vacations, we just hate going anywhere without him.... He's too much fun!!!!

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with you. My kids go everywhere with us. We've taken them all over, even with them being less than a year. My first is now 3 and he has done Alaska twice, Washington St, Maui and Bahamas. 8 months old in Bahamas and 23 months in Maui. Doing Disney next month, and my youngest guy is only a year but whatever.

If you have the money for yourself to travel, take em with. Especially since they fly free anyway. If you wait until "they're old enough to remember"who knows, maybe you won't have the dough to travel. Things happen and get in the way.

Is it more work? For sure. He remembers the last trip to Maui and yes he won't remember everything but we want memories as a family and the things the kids did when they were young. I didn't get to travel when I was growing up so it's important to me that they get a chance at least.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabo is a great choice. Royal Salaris is excellent resort for kids, that was a few years ago. Deep sea fishing is awesome there but might be a bit much for the little one. We had a great experience catching 2 marlins at Cabo, cheers
Disney is in a few years from now. Most flights end of April to Los cobos leave at 8:00am to Calgary , then 4 hrs straight to Mexico. This might be best. If I load the iPad up with Elmo vids he should be okay. Plus he usually naps for 1.5 hours in the late AM.

Maui is where we want to go but that's 7 hrs on a plane. Might be too much for little guy.

Top Bottom