V Force Reeds

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my brother have been contenplating putting a set in, Does anyone have any input, are they worth the money? Should start a poll but not smart enough. My sled is a 06 X 800 REV, his is a 08 XPX REV 800.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think they would make a noticeable difference on a stock engine, if you ported, polished and piped your mill then added them it might be worth the bucks.....but then again I'm an electrician, not a mechanic.:D

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throttle response is all you'll really notice, horse power gain is so minimal you wont feel it. I put them in just for the increased throttle response which is something i felt was important, you have to decide if its important to you aswell, if so, I bought mine from Pure Addiction he had the best price by a a mile, give Rory a call.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throttle response is all you'll really notice, horse power gain is so minimal you wont feel it. I put them in just for the increased throttle response which is something i felt was important, you have to decide if its important to you aswell, if so, I bought mine from Pure Addiction he had the best price by a a mile, give Rory a call.
I have to agree here too, I put them in my 03 cat and the throttle felt crisper.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on older engines they make a difference, I put a set on my 03 cat 900 and it felt much crisper.... I know for the new cat laydown engines, there not worth the coin, better spending elsewhere. I don't know how they would work on a rotax engine thought

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Reeds On A 1000 Doo??

Anyone Try Any "aftermarket" Reeds On A 1000rt Doo??? Just Curious, As They Are Available, But Heard On Dootalk, They Don't Make Much Differnce??

mtndoctor

Reaction score
on older engines they make a difference, I put a set on my 03 cat 900 and it felt much crisper.... I know for the new cat laydown engines, there not worth the coin, better spending elsewhere. I don't know how they would work on a rotax engine thought

ok , so how do you know there not worth the coin on a laydown engine?

we tested different reeds on a laydown motor, one set made 10hp more in the mid range but was 2hp lower on the top end from another set(style).
the newer rotax engines have reeds cages that are pretty much an exact copy of a v force reed cage style (I wonder why) so installing vforce don't help much. compared to the older wedge style reed boot design. the 800 ho motors v force reeds have there own reed boots that come with them so there changing the case volume.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we tested different reeds on a laydown motor, one set made 10hp more in the mid range but was 2hp lower on the top end from another set(style).
the newer rotax engines have reeds cages that are pretty much an exact copy of a v force reed cage style (I wonder why) so installing vforce don't help much. compared to the older wedge style reed boot design. the 800 ho motors v force reeds have there own reed boots that come with them so there changing the case volume.

Alright, there you said it... the reeds "lose 2 HP on top end", I'd rather put that money elsewhere. Buddy put a set on his 700, made it slighly crisper, but was not at all worth the coin.

mtndoctor

Reaction score
Alright, there you said it... the reeds "lose 2 HP on top end", I'd rather put that money elsewhere. Buddy put a set on his 700, made it slighly crisper, but was not at all worth the coin.

can't read very good eh!
I didn't say lose 2hp I said was "2 hp LOWER then another set"! the other set still made more hp then stock, never did loose any hp. they broaden the hp range, at peak power they might only make 2-4hp on diffferent sleds but they will make alot more power after peak power and before, ecspecially with lots of mods done.
$300 for a few hp and more in the mid range is pretty cheap, but you'd probably put $300 on some bling wheels which do nothing but help your ego when your sitting at the bottom of a hill? LOL

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't read very good eh!
I didn't say lose 2hp I said was "2 hp LOWER then another set"! the other set still made more hp then stock, never did loose any hp. they broaden the hp range, at peak power they might only make 2-4hp on diffferent sleds but they will make alot more power after peak power and before, ecspecially with lots of mods done.
$300 for a few hp and more in the mid range is pretty cheap, but you'd probably put $300 on some bling wheels which do nothing but help your ego when your sitting at the bottom of a hill? LOL

So would you buy a can then? Cause they sure make horsepower on the dynos... LOL
Dyno's don't mean anything, it's how they perform on the hill, I would think you would know this. Only reeds won't get you up the hill, your better off investing money into a head or something that produces noticeable HP.:twocents:
What mods are done to the sleds??

mtndoctor

Reaction score
sorry josh cans don't make power just light weight, most loose power, jaws tries to make the cans make as much power as stock suitcases do, he spends quite a bit of time on them, with restrictor plates etc..
but were talking about reeds.

ok, so heads, do they make alot of hp ? more then reeds? where do they make hp? more compression doesn't always make hp, maybe at a lower rpm range and lowers peak hp as well, too much and it will pull alot of hp away, some motors like less compression from heads. some heads are designed to lessen the chance of detonation. and run higher rpms, or work with a designed pipe style.
you know that though right.
I've proven to myself dyno motors don't work in the mtns at elevation. but they can show whats working or not for a base line.

cheers,

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Johni Blaze...How does your 800r Work

How's that?

CRISPY DEEP FRIED!!!!

I agree! the throttle response is crisper, but ya might as well call Deano670 and throw a new head at it as well, and if of course if ya got the time and $$$$ go with some BOOST!
but for a few hundred bucks its worth the feel in my opinion.:D

P.S. I dont think I got a PM from ya????
what did I miss

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You abviously havnt done any testing with Vforce on the "08 XP's.. Because the Vforce reeds make a good difference on the Rotax motors. They improve most all of them.. And by the way on the "08 it makes case volume larger..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CRISPY DEEP FRIED!!!!

I agree! the throttle response is crisper, but ya might as well call Deano670 and throw a new head at it as well, and if of course if ya got the time and $$$$ go with some BOOST!
but for a few hundred bucks its worth the feel in my opinion.:D

P.S. I dont think I got a PM from ya????
what did I miss

What head did you go with and what comp ratio?

mtndoctor

Reaction score
You abviously havnt done any testing with Vforce on the "08 XP's.. Because the Vforce reeds make a good difference on the Rotax motors. They improve most all of them.. And by the way on the "08 it makes case volume larger..

1.5 hp gain from 8200 - 8500 rpm

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Glengine what is it about the design of the v force reed that aids in improved throttle response??:)

Top Bottom