UTV Tracks

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad this was not dealt with when asked to , many many months ago ....
That is the reason these things come up.... Had the appropriate actions been taken then ,these incidents would not exist , sadly they were not .
Fact is this is not new and , there are more than a few members who know what I mean , without mentioning names .
However,since no action was taken then .. This is where we find ourselves .
Sad , but predictable...
There are more than a few who have had to put up with this BS before ...
Its my turn to take it now from this fellow , but I don't take it as quietly as some of his previous targets ...!

with all respect to the mods , Neville

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As i mentioned I have had my tracks for a few winters, with limited time and snow I haven't got much use out of them, also misinformation or just lack there of, in regards as too where where a person can ride with tracks. I am hoping for more snow and also information as too where some of you guys ride. Thanks in advance

I've been riding West or North of Rocky Mountain House, and around our farm and nabours as we live in farm country.

I look at the Back Country Map Books too find lots of cut-lines in a area and go,,, chain-saw ready to go into action all the time.

Hope too do some of BC trapper trails that my long time friends have out that way, Revy to Kamloops for their trap lines.

There doing the cougar harvest right now, I'll miss out on it this year due to work program.

Been lucky too find cut-lines with road access points if needed and wide pipe lines with mellow creek crossing. I'm not one for dropping down into massive Canyon that "could" be hard to get out of. Just me that is.

Tracks have taken me a few places beyond where I thought they'd go, but watching snow pack, ice sections, and hot bog areas are 24/7 in mind.

Good luck and happy adventures where ever you go.
PM me if you wish too run tracks out that way.

Ain't fast, but know where some sweet areas are to ride.

Pal Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best to not venture to far from home base the first ride or two just to make sure everything works the way it is supposed to. carry a few spare parts, nuts n bolts, etc, lots of places to ride, all the trails west of caroline, rocky are available to ride, check the srd pluz areas first if out west of trunk road.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have almost 100 km on them, mostly riding Bruderhiem, Redwater and rode on Coal lake.. I wanted to get to some other areas but when looking on here for snow or conditions there is another sledder complaining how someone with tracks ruined their riding area or not supposed in their area etc etc.

yes sled clubs don't like quad or SxS chewing up there groomed trails. tracks are not as destructive as tires on the trails, but a quick call to the olds and caroline sled cub could get you the info you need.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got lucky on 5th ride out to hear something out of the ordinary.

Rear traction "track limiter bar nut fell off, hay-wire fix got me threw the day.

Shop repair was add a 2 jam nut too each rod, RVT on threads that acts like a lock-tight" in a way".

Steering links take on stress too, powering up with tracks wants too make the front of tracks pull in.
Slowing down spreads them apart.

One can only imagine how many times this happens threw out the day.

Stress and wear is a constant on all units big and small. Seen a 330 Hoe come into shop with broken arm.

A few cold days will help one find the problem areas.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I do doorfx, I can feel the rear tracks spinning on icy and hard pack section, and the Onda can't back out of shop on cement when its wet. Ha.

Unit won't see 2 wheel drive till tires go back on.

I'll give 2 track drive tomorrow West of Olds too see what happens, good idea too find out what happens.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, was kinda wondering if it would work in 2 track drive.

Hate the idea of getting stuck with out all tracks spinning together. Ha

Stuck does not look like fun.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode all the time in 4x4, in low and moderate speed. High gear only on flat hard pack snow! Worked for us, When we got back down south, less snow and trying to keep within sight of wheeled sxs was when he had troubles

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode all the time in 4x4, in low and moderate speed. High gear only on flat hard pack snow! Worked for us, When we got back down south, less snow and trying to keep within sight of wheeled sxs was when he had troubles
My experience only

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its rock the tracks West today, had good sleepy sleep in the foot hills of Alberto so I don't have to drive to play ground.
Burnt a liter and a bit of gas in gen-set too keep the unit toasty warm.

Frugal adventures is a plus.

Looks like more snow down this way, but it could be due to wind that piled it up.

Track spinning might be the plan in some of these areas.
Update more on track performance later tonight.

Pals Kow, Donkey and Lem.

Shane&Sabbi

Reaction score
When I run my tracks it's always in 4x4 low, no sharp turns as per Can Am instructions and mentioned by door, but high gear on flat ground with some snow. I went to Stanger Hills and on our way back to the staging area there was a couple quads that couldn't make it up the hill wirhout a good run at it, I just walked up from a dead stop at the bottom on tracks, I also haven't been able to make the tracks spin unless I was on the lake and that included some awesome drifting. The set up CAN am has for the Apache tracks I think is a really good set up, I have also installed and removed my tracks about 5 times now because of limited space in the garage.

Seen the videos of the guys tracking in the mountains and deep snow so looking for areas around here as going to Utah is too far lol

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be enough snow to put the tracks on after the next dump.
It's a PIA since I change my clutching to suite as well and have to take some skid plates off.

Attachments

• quadtracks.jpg
    quadtracks.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 95

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to try 2 track drive as it dosen't work for my unit, others might have better success.

Lots of wild-cat areas threw-out BC that we've been too over the many years Mackenzie all the way South to Chilliwack and everything from Left to Right, Ha.

Buddy form GP and I are doing the "Compaction Snow Spring Ride."
3 Wild-cat areas if not 5. Hope we don't brake threw top layer as it would be a bear-cat getting back on top.
Pal has 2-up 1000 mud pro, mine is little farm 420 Honda that ain't much of an anchor point if needed, guess the shovel down too plant tracks into snow-bank would be the plan.

Even 2 long rods too push into hard-pack snow would do the trick too. Push them in on a angle.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another weekend of UTV multi task Onda farm quad on the go.

Utility today will be opening up trails, sight seeing, and enjoying the day of what ever comes along.

Terrain is the stuff I pack down, Vehicle is what I'll do it with.

Tracks have sur-passed where tires and chains took me last year and that is deffinatly a plus.

Never in my pumpkin did I think that UTV tracks would take me too where I've been, now I'm starting to see the advantages of them so long as I extend the use of them with skill-full Operations that prolongs the adventurs.

End of weekend feed back to come as the Gray stone mountains allow me to brisk the edges.

Lem Lamb as end of trail for cabin on wheels as UTV tracks take over from here,,, glad I didn't by a sport unit as I'd not be allowed too properly post on this thread. LOL.

Top Bottom