UTV Tracks

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pal is only thinking about it for now as he likes to take his time in the planning department, not sure if he'd do quad or UTV yet.

I'm out touring the nasty rollys today with mine as the climb hills like crazy.

Better traction then I ever thought.

Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pal is only thinking about it for now as he likes to take his time in the planning department, not sure if he'd do quad or UTV yet.

I'm out touring the nasty rollys today with mine as the climb hills like crazy.

Better traction then I ever thought.

Lem

well it is a large investment, if he sees how well you do, he may find the funds to get trackin!!!

Shane&Sabbi

Reaction score
I have a outlander 800 with Apache 360 LT tracks, I have gone places in winter on snow and threw not completely frozen mid holes that wouldn't make it with tires. Climbing hills in a foot of snow is insane, other 4x4 quads spun out and I just walked right past and I only have about 200 km on my tracks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup with the tracks you will go more places, as the tired atc's will go through the snow and get high centered while tracks go over and keep on truckin! right now i'm thinking the tired atv's can get around most places in my area, likely a few stucks, but that will change if we get more snow.

a few of us are heading out dec 27 or 28th, for a ride, looks like on tires though!;)

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes too deeper snow conditions that keep the downed logs at bay, Ha. Sleds, UTV's and ATV's like this.

Partly snow cover over rocks, ice ledges, downed trees, expired critter carcasses, and frozen Moose droppings are navigatible, but the rear tracks with shallow angles will flip up,,, seen this a few times on yesterday's ride.

Nothing major as a quick back-up too re-line the path of travel, remove from path or find a different direction are options.

The open areas clear of hazards are awesome as a person can get at it, might want to know the area incase a sleeper is waiting too take the under chassis out from under the unit, Ha. More on light duty units.

Mud Pro units fare better in some ways. LOL.

Low snow load is a plus as the tracks dig down too dirt, traction all the way up on some hills, not on ice runs and creek crossing with no snow cover,,, little quad with tracks is good in situations like this since I can move the unit by hand too Aline for crossing areas.

Pro's and Con's all the time, but fun factor is always at the 100% level, big smile all day long.

Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a outlander 800 with Apache 360 LT tracks, I have gone places in winter on snow and threw not completely frozen mid holes that wouldn't make it with tires. Climbing hills in a foot of snow is insane, other 4x4 quads spun out and I just walked right past and I only have about 200 km on my tracks
have you checked track tension? very important if you bought new? as they will stretch for a period of time. after that just a quick check of track tension, bolts, missing parts etc should be all you need.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my track tension and fastening stuff, lots of traction with those adjustments too.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, it is a must do, and after a bit of riding it just only needs to be done once in a while. i got the tension tool, but it is not needed in my opinion.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers, put my furry big foot on top of track then adjust too 1" free play, Ha.

Old school getter done.

sledman22

Reaction score
Tracks tracks are awesome other then it will double the miles you put on make sure to put a spare cluster on it if you don't want to double your miles.

2016 TURBO RZR XP4

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 years warranty with un-limited mileage, lots of miles looks good as I pass units on too the youngers, Ha.

Glad I got too see the rear tracks stub a log and stand-up strait, Ha

Glad the stoppers rods were adjusted as the tracks "could" of chewed the rear fenders and rack clear of the Onda. LOL.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I drive at work with tracked sxs I pin it all the time.

Driving down rail road tracks can rip tracks off.

Just saying.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would not have wanted to have been the one making the decision to drive a city emergency vehicle down train tracks and have track fall off? would have been interesting if a train came along!.

Last edited:
Top Bottom