UTV Tracks

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a gooder idea to keep track of onda braker downs ... While drum still breakin....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front brakes are disk, only one drum on rear.
Brakes not needed on new models as they make the engine with built in decompression system.

Won't look at brake pads for many years.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree Honda is cutting edge on brake technology....
Drum brakes & take away 80% of the power .... Problem solved !
Seriously, the Honda quads are 25 years behind the rest .....lol

Every Honda I have owned sooner or later has seized up drum brakes that are pieces of out dated crap ...
It's time they realized they are decades behind .

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree Honda is cutting edge on brake technology....
Drum brakes & take away 80% of the power .... Problem solved !
Seriously, the Honda quads are 25 years behind the rest .....lol

Every Honda I have owned sooner or later has seized up drum brakes that are pieces of out dated crap ...
It's time they realized they are decades behind .

Looks like your having a hard time following the thread rzr.
All talk since you've offered nothing to this thread because you don't have OHV tracks.

If you did you'ld post up some info on how they work for you.

All talk and no action bro. Kinda weight-less with pie hole flapping in the wind.

Might be pal Don too many others on the forum, and too the OP of this thread as you disrespect him and others with condescending remarks.

Oh well, shows your true colours since you own your words of being a clown, Ha.

Old saying stands true rzr.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm you were the one talking about how great Honda brakes are ...( not me )
I simply stated the fact that they are simply outdated and the worst in the business .
That being said , it certainly upped your grammatical ability , I noticed ....

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm you were the one talking about how great Honda brakes are ...( not me )
I simply stated the fact that they are simply outdated and the worst in the business .
That being said , it certainly upped your grammatical ability , I noticed ....

No disrespect too OP of this thread as we have one person who is having hard time following UTV tracks thread...

Copy and paste this info rzr. Better yet too call me at the number I give you by PM.

Willing too chat with you at any time rzr. Full respect too all the brothers and sisters who visit this thread.

We don't need a clown taking it off track.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have no tracks , don't want any ... My point is a sled will most likely serve a person better .
Now I really don't care wether you agree or disagree .. But I will add my opinion, like it or not !
Same thing goes for the old Honda , fact is , there brakes suck .. Always have ....

Because you bought a Honda and put tracks on it does not necessarily make you the only one capable of comments in terms of their abilities/ or lack there of ...

Cheers , pin that Honda ...

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Tatou 4S for my Canned Ham.

1) Cut your speed in half
2) Double your fuel use
3) No wear yet that I have seen. A 30" Silverback with higher speeds is harder on stuff than plodding along with tracks IMO
4) Go where tired quads can only dream
5) Not as cool as a sled in deep snow.
6) I like them, when the snow warrants having them they are a lot of fun. Not enough snow for the last couple years though to make it worthwhile.
7) Honda brakes suck. Best thing I ever did to my old 450 was convert to disc.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have no tracks , don't want any ... My point is a sled will most likely serve a person better .
Now I really don't care wether you agree or disagree .. But I will add my opinion, like it or not !
Same thing goes for the old Honda , fact is , there brakes suck .. Always have ....

Because you bought a Honda and put tracks on it does not necessarily make you the only one capable of comments in terms of their abilities/ or lack there of ...

Cheers , pin that Honda ...

Couldn't find what you claim I sayed rzr, all talk I guess.
No need for us too waist our time dealing with folks who can't follow along I guess. LOL

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Tatou 4S for my Canned Ham.

1) Cut your speed in half
2) Double your fuel use
3) No wear yet that I have seen. A 30" Silverback with higher speeds is harder on stuff than plodding along with tracks IMO
4) Go where tired quads can only dream
5) Not as cool as a sled in deep snow.
6) I like them, when the snow warrants having them they are a lot of fun. Not enough snow for the last couple years though to make it worthwhile.
7) Honda brakes suck. Best thing I ever did to my old 450 was convert to disc.

My 2016 Honda came factory with disks up front. They work good

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Front brakes are disk, only one drum on rear.
Brakes not needed on new models as they make the engine with built in decompression system.

Won't look at brake pads for many years.

Pretty sure you are referring to Honda brakes here , saying in fact "they are not needed "
The fact is any one who has owned a Honda will tell you the rear drum will fill with mud & water and seize up in no time... Leaving you with just front brakes ... Not ideal for steep hills , in fact piss poor !

That 's great .....good luck with that .

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you are referring to Honda brakes here , saying in fact "they are not needed "
That 's great .....good luck with that .

Guess you didn't read the part about the engine decompression part Ha.

Wheres the post that says there the best. Ha.

All talk and no tracks rzr.

Like you said,,, you don't have them and nothing too offer.

Yes, I will have good luck with my Honda farm quad.

Like I mentioned, couldn't care less on your input as I don't know you nor care too.

Lem

PS: you have my number too Tex or call me at any time rzr.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you have engine braking , you don't need rear brakes .....
Got it . .....
I am writing this down

Seriously..... Ride your Honda & have fun ...really.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gayd you sure spend a lot of time trying to put someone down, guess as a know it all you just can't stand someone having a good time enjoying his honda. lol. what you got a problem with a 420 honda? lol, you are pathetic.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love Hondas , they are good farm quads ..... Short on power but reliable .....
Drum brakes suck though .

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More too share on tracks that I'm running on my 2016 Onda.

The nice thing about the FM420 units is they come with engine decompression in all gears when letting off the throttle,,, this system works good in the lower gears from 1st too 3rd, "4th and 5th engine decompression is less.

With tracks the slow down thing is much more because of track friction and snow resistance,,, those of us that run them know this.

Each unit will act different depending on track tension and snow load in front of tracks.

A trick that works for me on hard pack is too slow down before the corners as the engine decompression and tracks slow the unit down fast, Ha... Easy for tracks too do this with a 18 hp quad bolted too them.

As mentioned in above post that snowmobiles rock from point A too B, and OHV tracks are not close too what sleds can do.

But OHV tracks have a place for those of us that" Choose" too go that route.

There not for everyone as its the person them selves that find what works.

So far so good with OHV tracks for us as it allows us to winter adventure on the one unit we own.

Loved my sled days, but other things come up where we thinned out the shed for other things at the farm.

Pal Lem sharing in ideas of adventure, and offering creative input into a awesome thread.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I would get a canam with tracks , I like the power & reliability!
But that's just me ....and I don't like riding in the cold !

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told its not the truck, tractor, or equipment that lives the dream as much as it is the person who lives it,,, oh well.

Glad l'm taking part in good times everyday, and can share in this passion with all.

That's what really counts in real sister & brother hood.

Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep on what your doing don, your doing what lots only dream about. you are living and enjoying life, others are just miserable.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will do Imdoo'n, alway 1 reading into threads and posts "adding words & statements that aren't posted by us quality users. Seems like they try too play the role of big Man on public forums."

Seems that life sucks as they nit-pick small things of other folks units and posts because they don't own equipment nor share helpful info relating too the thread at hand.
Always showing disrespect too the OP, and good brothers and sisters here on S&M. Oh well,,, back on track as the

Mods who watch the forum know that I share openly with all the best too my ability with info that moves this awesome forum forward with ideas that improve all of us getting the best bang for the buck.

Any-who,,, forward post on tracks talks about the tracks them selves & general maintance that we take care of our selves or hirer out depending on our own wrenching skills.

I've mentioned a few times that we do the easy stuff on all of our equipment like wheel-bearings, brakes, suspension, steering, valves, and electrical system add-ons,,, track kits too since this is easy stuff to work on.

The nice thing about S&M forum is that we find quality brothers & sisters too chat with so we gain knowledge on our own projects and builds. None of us I would think would think of asking a life sucks person who has nothing too offer for help in this department.

Tracks for OHV's can wear some components down, but all of us can share back and forth on ideas, tricks, and tips on these work over projects, Ha. "that way life dosen't have too suck."

Wheel-bearings, A-arms, steering links, track doggy assemblies, and all brakes including drum are easy to work on.
Got lucky over the years too work on many units as they are fun too work with, easy too once all the tools & shop is in place.

Most folks know that as a Pal they can PM me if they help in these areas since S&M hood is what its all about when it comes to tooling,,, This my friends is where the awesome folks that allow the privilege too be on this forum comes in handy.

All of us are lucky that life doesn't have to "suck" as we willingly share around these type of people who only see negative at them selves, the rest of us awesome folks and the forum will continue too grow and expand on awesome threads like this with or without folks that show no benefit like one we know of now that he shows his true colours.

Oh-well, much thanks too the Mediators, many awesome pals and good friends here on S&M as we share in adventures, ideas, fixes, tooling, and everything fun in Americas best Web Forum for those of us that choose too.

Pal Lem too all except 1 that live a life of "sucks."

Top Bottom