UTV Tires

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i was in town the other day and i was lookin around and found the rims i wanted in stock. They were some 14x6 and 14x8 ITP SS212(matte black) rims. And for the price i could not pass them down. Now im lookin at tires. So I was thinkin of installing Radials cause everyone have told me that the radials are way better for gravel and hard pack and that the ride is way better. So now the question is, i know tires are limited with 14" rims but which would be better. I was lookin at the ITP 27" XTR or maybe something more aggresive in up to 28". Let me know what you guys think.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i was in town the other day and i was lookin around and found the rims i wanted in stock. They were some 14x6 and 14x8 ITP SS212(matte black) rims. And for the price i could not pass them down. Now im lookin at tires. So I was thinkin of installing Radials cause everyone have told me that the radials are way better for gravel and hard pack and that the ride is way better. So now the question is, i know tires are limited with 14" rims but which would be better. I was lookin at the ITP 27" XTR or maybe something more aggresive in up to 28". Let me know what you guys think.

I know there will be many answers here and I know mine is biased as the only tires I have had are the 14" XTR's. But I have has no issues with these tires, they are holding up well, as the most of the riding I have done is muddy wet ridding so they are not wearing much. I have about 1000kms on them and would buy them again.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there will be many answers here and I know mine is biased as the only tires I have had are the 14" XTR's. But I have has no issues with these tires, they are holding up well, as the most of the riding I have done is muddy wet ridding so they are not wearing much. I have about 1000kms on them and would buy them again.

Ya i just found a set of used ones with 500km on them and im just waiting for a price. I called local dealer here in sask and i can get the fronts for 109.95 and the rears for 119.95. Plus 10 dollar each install. But im waiting to see. I have herd lots of good stuff about the XTR and nothin really bad so im kinda leaning that way.

Buddman27

Reaction score
I have 28" zillas on 14" wheels and they are lighter than alot of other tires so ckeck the weight on whatever you are looking at as well. I have only had the zillas out in the snow but no problem paddling.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 26" xtr's on my rzr, so far they seem good but I've only got about 150km on them so time will tell.
I did have to get a diffrent rim for them as they rubbed with the stock ones.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i went with the used set of ITP XTR in 27inch. And i must say they handle better and are decent tires.

treetop31

Reaction score
Just put 26" Zillas on my ranger and "sick" is the word, in a good way. They will hold up if they are built anything like the mudzillas and yes they are light. They also seem to have a fairly firm sidewall which is a plus with the UTV's. So far no complaints.

Remember when you go to a bigger size tire it is fine if you never have a flat. As most other spares will be stock size from people you ride with or whatever. You should not run odd sized tires ie. 27's with a 26 on in a pinch. This is very hard on the Tranny's and diffs.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got some pics posted in the UTV forum but i thought i would put them here also. Ya im gonna but another front wheel for a spare as i got mine for 80/each. But first i need a mount.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 51
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom