Using to much oil on 2015 T3

amazed

Reaction score
Has anybody had trouble with using to much oil. Seems like the guys I ride with are using a lot less oil. Also the sled leaves black streaks all the time. Sometimes the sled stumbles when pulling hard. Sled has around 900kms. Any suggestions?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you loosing any when the sled is on its side or flipped over? Common case on the xm. Have dealer check you're oil pump rate.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue with my '14 xm, the dealer asked me to track my fuel and oil usage to see what I was consuming. I was using 16:1 for oil/fuel ratio. After it was replaced I tracked it again and was at 28:1. They had checked my oil pump in buds and the computer number matched the flow number on the pump.

Also if you are using a crazy amount of oil you might want to pull your y-pipe off and clean it up, I had 2.2mm of carbon removed from each side of the y-pipe due to the excessive oil not being burnt off. The y-pipe was so built up that it was smaller then the exhaust outlets on the block.

Last edited:

foghorn

Reaction score
My sled spends half the day on its lid and never uses oil lol The guy using the oil will confirm that

Top Bottom