Using Reverse to Slow Down??

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brad Storey "didn't hurt a thing either"... at least not on his body! This is him trying to make his way down after an attempt at Herman's Chute-which was climbed and named by Mark Messenbrink in honor of his father... Brad employed the reverse to control speed technique to come out of the steep chute. All was going well until he hit a VW-sized boulder, rolled the sled and melted the secondary in half with the belt :nono:
that looks like late spring conditions, not the optimal snow for trying to use the rer trick....lol

so which happened first, the VW sized boulder or the secondary melting in half? I wonder how the belt which would surely melt first, melted aluminum? was the primary spinning the belt backwards, and the secondary still going in the forward direction?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to try that this year, and still can't believe it doesn't hurt anything(listening to the formentioned advice)

I'm sure those are a Loooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggg 2secs. LOL
those 2 seconds in a panic situation seem like a lifetime.....usually when I'm using it, I'm in reverse and letting the sled coast slowly down the slope until it gets hairy, then start applying throttle to get the track to spin backwards. I have tried a couple times last second to throw it in R, but it's always too late by the time it kicks in.

Last edited:

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha this brings me back to last year riding around home. When coming racing my buddies through a field and popping into a ditch coming to a really abrupt stop and then waiting 5 mins for the traffic to subside enough to cross the highway only to have not realized that i accidently hit the reverse button, upon goosing it to clear the road before traffic picks up again i slam my chest into the 10" riser and bars that i put on merely hours before. Then the force of the sled backing up holding me against the bars pushing the throttle even more until you run over your riding buddies front bumper... And i thought that beeping was just in my head...:d :rant: :eek:

Hmm i guess Xp's have a back up beeper for a reason.. tards like me.. :d :beer:

kobylka18

Reaction score
Haha this brings me back to last year riding around home. When coming racing my buddies through a field and popping into a ditch coming to a really abrupt stop and then waiting 5 mins for the traffic to subside enough to cross the highway only to have not realized that i accidently hit the reverse button, upon goosing it to clear the road before traffic picks up again i slam my chest into the 10" riser and bars that i put on merely hours before. Then the force of the sled backing up holding me against the bars pushing the throttle even more until you run over your riding buddies front bumper... And i thought that beeping was just in my head...:d :rant: :eek:

Hmm i guess Xp's have a back up beeper for a reason.. tards like me.. :d :beer:

Now that is funny. As long as I was not the guy behind ya, that would have been pretty priceless to see. :PDT_hah::PDT_hah:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2....I use it all the time, especially when helping someone dig out from a stuck on the side of a hill. if the snow is soft enough you can come to a stop on almost any slope. I don't pin it real hard, just enough to spin the track backwards and slow down. I think it would be hard on the chain tensioner loading it up the wrong way.

I have used this method. Then last year my driveshaft broke in half:eek: Not sure if reversing when going down hill in soft snow could have hurt it but it has got me thru some tight trees on steep terrain.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
practice first brotha:beer::beer:,,, that 2 second pause in between gets the heart to pump lol,, do I jump or wait, jump ,, lean, THROTTLE ohhh chit TREEEEEEee.......

man havent we all been there once or twice. Makes you look on the way up a little more :rolleyes:or not!!! isnt thatwhat the fun is all about

Top Bottom