used turbo sled?

newf1000

Reaction score
Hey guys well looking to make the jump from 2 stroke to boosted 4. looking at used rx1,my question is what to ask about the sled and what to look at when i go to see it. Any issues that people have had with these sleds other than the exhaust manifold cracking. Any experience you guys have would be much appreciated. And do u think Im crazy to trade my m1000 for an older sled?

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds crazy to me!!! i have a buddy that just built a nytro turbo. its a 2010 put $25000 in to it and has 200kms on it. Needs to sell it for financial reasons. asking $16000 its a smooth runnin sled. has a few extras on it too. I was with him when he had it out for the weekend.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys well looking to make the jump from 2 stroke to boosted 4. looking at used rx1,my question is what to ask about the sled and what to look at when i go to see it. Any issues that people have had with these sleds other than the exhaust manifold cracking. Any experience you guys have would be much appreciated. And do u think Im crazy to trade my m1000 for an older sled?

I think you'd be better off trading up for a turbo/super charged apex for teh fuel injection. That's just my preference, depends on what else is done to the RX1.

newf1000

Reaction score
I think you'd be better off trading up for a turbo/super charged apex for teh fuel injection. That's just my preference, depends on what else is done to the RX1.

Only thing done for internals is a head shim would like to go to a apex but have not seen anyone who wants to trade. Im new to 4strokes but i assume the benifit of efi is for elevation changes and for ease of tuning. I dont make many trips out west so once i have it set for my elev i should be good ?
This sled is overkill for where i ride but I just love the tear your arms off power.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing done for internals is a head shim would like to go to a apex but have not seen anyone who wants to trade. Im new to 4strokes but i assume the benifit of efi is for elevation changes and for ease of tuning. I dont make many trips out west so once i have it set for my elev i should be good ?
This sled is overkill for where i ride but I just love the tear your arms off power.

it is never an OVERKILL! lol

Hirevtuner

Reaction score
My m1000 is a 2007 the rx1 is an 2003 has an garret 26 or 28 cant recall about 240 to 250 ish hp its an alpine motorsports kit.

Your probably not far off in a straight trade. Even an old RX1 turbo is worth a few bucks still. I just picked one up to ride this year and as long as the set up is working you will love it. A big bore or nitrous won't give you the feeling of boost.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was researching up a bit last winter on TRX1's and there are quite a few with 5k miles that guys have no trouble with. They basically can't kill 'em. IIRC the RX1 is the stoutest of the Yammy motors, which says a lot.

as if you need a new nytro you dont even have a jobbb ahahha

lol nice.

Top Bottom