Used sled to stay away from? Ones to look for?

Mug29

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up two used sleds for pulling ice fishing gear, ditch banging, and trails between lakes. I'm not looking for mountain sleds (yet) or am able to drop 20,000+ on new sleds. I am currently looking for bravos because they were extremely reliable and take a beating in the 4 years I used them in Nunavut doing exploratory drilling. I know bravos are few and far between but if you guys could give me some ideas on similar sleds it would be greatly appreciated.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skandic is a well built machine. Have heard good about bear cat but no personal experience with the bear cat

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tundra extreme would be a goo sled! It would pull anything and when you did want to go ditch banging it would be a lot funner then a skandic

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If was gonna buy a utility sled hands down it would be a doo with a 500 or 550 fan in it. They are as close to bullet proof as it gets. Brp has been making the 500 (503) fan since the late 70's. Tried tested and true!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris indy trail was a great sled for what you want to do. the sport 440 was bullit proof

Mug29

Reaction score
Ya I know bravos are not very comfortable or fast. It's the only sled I have ever used, never left me stranded on the tundra, are light enough the I can pick up the front end and move it. I'm just looking for something similar.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tundra is great machine, I had the one lunger 268CC. I bought it for my kids to use, but I was not totally happy with the fact it had a very narrow ski stance. Kids tipped it over lots. Finally sold it and bought the 137" 550 fan FreeStyle Back country. Still have and it runs lile a top. I put a hitch to pull tubes, sleds, boggans and snow boarders. Cheap to run and low maintenance. I have about 4000kms on it now.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know not fan cooled, but the Powder specials are a fun sled, that I've done pretty much everything you speak of with. Pulled 4 kids in the skimmer one with me on the sled, with their taboggans and then when we went to have fun we could do that. It never ate belts, always started, was reliable, and fun to teach the kids on. I had the powder special 600 (580) Suzuki engine rock solid.. EFI.. get the EFI not the carbed.. then you don't have to worry about flooding and all that Jazz

Fun fun sled

Top Bottom