used market is crazy!!

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summits outsell renegades what?, 50 to 1? just sayin'

In this neck of the woods perhaps. However, where the large markets are, (relatively speaking, the mtn market is small), down East, crossovers have to be amongst the largest sellers. Minnesota alone probably has more sleds registered than all of MB/SK/AB/BC.

To clarify, I have no problem in people trying the market. At the end of the day, you sell your equipment only for what someone is willing to pay. If that someone isn't out there, you adjust price until you find that someone.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those in BC call Courtney motor sports. Stew is the man to talk to there and he will do the best deals I'm sure of this.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$11500 for a 12 bcx is not crazy.. No one here is taking into account taxes. A new one in Sk. is $15k otd. You save $3500 and the sled isnt even broken in.

What gets me is the guys in this thread thst take personal offence to guys asking more than they want to pay. JUST DONT BUY IT!

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$11500 for a 12 bcx is not crazy.. No one here is taking into account taxes. A new one in Sk. is $15k otd. You save $3500 and the sled isnt even broken in.

What gets me is the guys in this thread thst take personal offence to guys asking more than they want to pay. JUST DONT BUY IT!
I agree

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Dude, your a late comer to this thread, the guy was asking $17,500 originally in the add, its now down to a realistic $11,500. Don't get your panties in a bunch, lol

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah ok. I just saw adamg in the thread and got my dander up. He had the NERVE to not buy my sled!!! Ha ha!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude, your a late comer to this thread, the guy was asking $17,500 originally in the add, its now down to a realistic $11,500. Don't get your panties in a bunch, lol

I never asked 17500. I was always at 11500 for my backcounty x

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you never invited me to go sledding!

You should know I already have an XM and don't need another one, lol.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah adamg. Things got stupid end of the season. Wife figured a 1200km season was enough....and my weekends got booked up. Oh well.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I wouldn't pay any more than $10,000 for any used 2013 mountain sled, don't care what brand. Some people are just plain greedy. Best to buy new. Unless your like the sellers and going to dump it on someone else a year later. Some people think their ****e don't stink and theres gold close to the seat of those sleds.Like the saying goes, theres a sucker born every minute.

So if I was to sell my 13 163 and ask 12 I would be greedy. That sled was just a few bucks uder 15g out the door and has one season on it. I think the people that dont want to fork out the cash to play and expect everyone else to take the big hit so they can be a cheap dick are the greedy ones. If you can find a 13 xm 163 for 10 its either a pounded piece of chit or someone is desperate to sell.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if I was to sell my 13 163 and ask 12 I would be greedy. That sled was just a few bucks uder 15g out the door and has one season on it. I think the people that dont want to fork out the cash to play and expect everyone else to take the big hit so they can be a cheap dick are the greedy ones. If you can find a 13 xm 163 for 10 its either a pounded piece of chit or someone is desperate to sell.
What does it matter? If you can sell it for $14999.00 after one year of riding good for you. Thinks sell for what the other is willing to pay. I myself have found that sleds drop 3 to 4500 the first year pending the shape and kms. Anything less than that you have did good.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does it matter? If you can sell it for $14999.00 after one year of riding good for you. Thinks sell for what the other is willing to pay. I myself have found that sleds drop 3 to 4500 the first year pending the shape and kms. Anything less than that you have did good.

These 3-4 yr warrants are helping the values hold. No ones scared to drop high$ on a used toy that's good to go for 2-3 more years

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca

Your math is correct. 15,000 sled new sell one year later for 12,000 is a 3000 dollar loss. That seems very fair to me. This deffinetly varies depending on miles and condition. If a sled is exceeding 1500km then the price should start decreasing accordingly. Guys that are expecting a 5000 discount on a 1 year old sled are just expecting way to much. If i was asking 12 I would settle around 11,2-11,5. That would be a fair price. I dont really care though as I am keeping mine one more season and will ask 8 next year. The wife gets a new one this year.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Who's interested?

I have a 2013, Summit XMX 163 with electric start, black on black. Stock except for a belly pan and a screen kit. Hasn't been crashed, dealer cared for, spare belt, and decals removed ready for a new wrap. 110 hours and 2800 km of gentle mountain use. 2.5 years of warranty remaining.

Delivery negotiable.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's interested?

I have a 2013, Summit XMX 163 with electric start, black on black. Stock except for a belly pan and a screen kit. Hasn't been crashed, dealer cared for, spare belt, and decals removed ready for a new wrap. 110 hours and 2800 km of gentle mountain use. 2.5 years of warranty remaining.

Delivery negotiable.

2800 km? Man that is a good year! Is your company hiring and or does your wife have a sister?! How much you looking to get out of yours?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
2800 km? Man that is a good year! Is your company hiring and or does your wife have a sister?! How much you looking to get out of yours?

Yes, every year in the Koot's is a good year. Company isn't hiring as I am winding down so I can doo more sledding but my wife does have a couple sisters. I don't think you would be interested. They are even too old for me and guys on here every once in awhile tell the world that I'm older than dirt!

I have to start somewhere. This sled is in great shape. The original belt lasted 2700 km so you can see it wasn't bagged. Always ridden in the mountains and no rock riding this past spring. I would start are $11,500 with no taxes.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew some guys spent lots on there sleds but thats over dooing it. Lol.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used market seems stupid for Harleys as well, Was looking for a used street bob but everyone wants more than a new one costs.Not sure what people are thinking.

Top Bottom