Typo or stolen?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never seen this post as to what it was about. I have been noticed ads, usually from far away, posting on Kijiji and in the buy & sell adds cheap quads, sleds, etc. You call them and they have the machine in some other location and want you to send the the money and they will send it to you ..... long story short... ITS A SCAM! If its to good to be true... well for the most part it usually is... They use paypal type of payment services and it just a scam.... I don't know of anyone that has fallen for this scam but people have and the authorities are aware of it but people must have tryed it. And only to be out of pocket... Be aware...:nono:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never seen this post as to what it was about. I have been noticed ads, usually from far away, posting on Kijiji and in the buy & sell adds cheap quads, sleds, etc. You call them and they have the machine in some other location and want you to send the the money and they will send it to you ..... long story short... ITS A SCAM! If its to good to be true... well for the most part it usually is... They use paypal type of payment services and it just a scam.... I don't know of anyone that has fallen for this scam but people have and the authorities are aware of it but people must have tryed it. And only to be out of pocket... Be aware...:nono:

'08 800 Outty XT for 3500 bills

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

neil is bang on:d and these guys have been doing this for like 2 years now, cars toys bikes everything, they want shipping deposit then ya hear nothing, phone number is either fax # or pager, dont waste your time, most time pager is full. and when they do call kinda sounds like they are in Africa if ya know what I mean

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DO NOT fall for this CRAP! These guys are first class crooks, nothing more! The wifee knows a young couple in our town who took the bait on a simular deal off of Kijjiji, sucks for sure, but buyer beware.

Like as per mentioned before, if it looks too good to be true, its a scam. Never give your hard earned cash without at least sitting on, or seeing the vehicle first. :nono:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got some real nice property for sale. ( swamp land) lots of water, a few beaver (oh yeah! the furry kind. HEHEHEHE)

Someone is always ready to try to get something for nothing. Don't feel sorry at all for those who get ripped off, these clowns are the reason theft is so high as these clowns keep this activity going.

I say good on ya.

Zipp

Reaction score
This happens quite frequently on Kijjiji. I dont know why there are so many scammers on that site, however, alot of people use it. I know that with rental accomadation the scam goes like this: Add is posted for something far below market value, people try to snatch it up by putting money down. The scammer does this several times (as many as he/she can get away with) then disappears with everyones money. The owner of the property then arrives on the scene and promptly tells everyone they were on vacation/knows nothing/scammed themselves/former disgruntled tenant ect, ect. Since his name is not on the ageement, they are in the clear.

Moral to the story: (you have heard it before) if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Top Bottom